View Single Post
Old 07-17-2011, 01:59 AM   #1
iironiic
D6 FFR Legacy Player
FFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Default Broddaly Tourney!

You know how there are times when you meet a new person, have a little conversation, and then the next thing you know is that you are best friends with each other? Well this fortunate incident happened during my stay on FFR where I met two of FFR’s very well known players. Aside from their amazing skills, they are two of the most amazing people I have ever met so far. To me, they are more than just “best friends”; they are what I like to call them my “broddas”.

Over the past few weeks, one of my broddas raised an intelligent idea. That is, to co-host a tournament together, just like what friends would normally do. In this time, we have spent countless hours discussing how the tournament should be run to enhance your competitive nature in a very fair setting. Now the work has been paid off:
My broddas kjwkjw and Xayphon and I are pleased to present to you:

The Broddaly Tournament

In this six-division elimination tournament, you will be competing against your other opponents by attempting to PA the files given to you in the span of three days. There will be eight total rounds and will consists of files found on the FFR Engine and the DF Custom Engine. The link to the DF Custom engine is provided here:

http://www.keysmashingisawesome.com/

The standalone link: http://www.keysmashingisawesome.com/.../df_Engine.swf

Like the typical elimination tournament, players attempt to weed out each other by outscoring their opponents and eliminating a player or two in certain rounds in an attempt to receive a credit prize that will be determined as the tournament ends. Number of players eliminated per round or two will be determined based on the number of participants for each division. Now here’s a twist. Once eliminated, these eliminated players qualify to partake in a side objective that the broddas and I will offer starting on Round 3. These objectives may range from anti-PAing to achieving your best score on different scroll rates. The song choices will depend on the division you were placed in and scoring will depend on the percentage of completion of the task. Credits will be distributed to the top three players who managed to score the highest percentages.

Submitting Scores:
When you submit a score, be sure to include your username, the time the score was obtained, and the raw score. An acceptable SS is as follows:

Legacy FFR SS:

Velocity FFR SS:

DF Custom Engine SS:

If anyone has any issues taking a SS, please let kjwkjw, Xayphon or I know and we will gladly assist you.

Rules:
1) Please don’t cheat in this tournament. If we suspect any sort of cheating, we have the right to ask for video evidence. Failure to do so will result in an automatic elimination and no prize.

2) Please do not complain/flame in this tournament about anything regarding from placements to files given. Remember, FFR is only a game. If we see people complaining/flaming, we have the right to take necessary actions to shut your traps.

3) Most importantly, remember to have fun! Make this tourney a great chance to find new score-rivals and make new friends.

Elimination:

For a division with 2~3 people, there is no elimination - your total score over all 8 rounds are tallied.

For a division with 4~8 people, elimination will take place on rounds 2, 4, 6, and 7 by adding up the previous rounds scores.

For a division with 9 or more people, the elimination process will be the same as a regular elimination tournament.

Late submission Policy:

In the case that you are planning to submit a score late, please let us know beforehand!

For divisions with 2~3 people, late submissions will result in 5 goods (-125 points) per day late, unless we are notified beforehand.

For divisions with 4~8 people, please let us know beforehand if you are not able to submit for a round in time - you will be given 2 extra days. Otherwise you may be eliminated for inactivity.

For divisions with 9 or more people, we can PM you the next round's song if you will be gone for that round - just PM your score to one of us.

The tournament will begin on July 24th, 2011. Signups will be open for a week.

Last edited by iironiic; 07-24-2011 at 01:35 AM..