View Single Post
Old 07-2-2011, 07:15 PM   #19
MopeyJoe
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Default Re: Duke Nukem Forever

You know, there is a good reason why nobody should trust IGN or Gamespot or etc., and that's because they usually give higher scores to more well known game studios or game series. If you search up 'Mario' at IGN, you'll see that the lowest average score is around a 7 for Mario Party or Mario Bros., with the overall average being around an 8.8 (not to mention bigger games like Super Mario 64, which they gave a 9.8).

Point being, IGN will give high scores to boring games that have been copy and pasted with a graphic update (such as Mario or LoZ), and give lower scores to games with innovation (like Brink, which I've heard from everybody who owns it/has played it that it is amazing).

I'm not saying IGN was wrong, but I do think they may have given DNF a higher score ONLY because it is a DN game. I can't say the older DN games are good or DNF is bad because I haven't played any DN game, but from what I've heard, DNF is just an awful game that probably shouldn't have released in the first place.