View Single Post
Old 06-14-2011, 11:33 PM   #7
Reincarnate
x'); DROP TABLE FFR;--
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Default Re: Duke Nukem Forever

Yeah, I think we all expected it to be crappy but secretly hoped it'd actually be pretty good. Instead it's actually horrible.

I played some DN3D today and it was such a breath of fresh air. That is an example of an FPS done right. Switch over to DNF and it just feels so unwieldy, unfunny, unfun, and uninteresting. I can only play in hour bursts at a time because I find myself getting bored.

The fact that we only hold two weapons at a time is a HUGE gripe of mine. I do not want to play CoD/Halo, damn it. I want my 10-weapon arsenal -- I don't care if it's "unrealistic." He's supposed to be Duke Nukem... he can handle it.

But, generally speaking, the lack of hidden passages/content/easter eggs/intricate level designs/exploration potential just makes this game dull. There's also too many goddamned cutscenes. DNF was supposed to have that 90's charm but all I feel are shoddy 2003+ FPS game mechanics that I utterly hate nowadays.

On top of all that, the game feels incomplete. Bosses are derivative and lame, and too many times I've encountered game glitches (usually getting ejected for no reason on moving floors, things disappearing for no reason, game crashes, etc). I dunno what to really say. It's a piece of shit compared to modern FPS games.

It's almost like Bug from MIB. It's like a huge insect trying to pass itself off for human, but it's just horribly disfigured and not really fooling anyone.

Last edited by Reincarnate; 06-14-2011 at 11:39 PM..
Reincarnate is offline   Reply With Quote