View Single Post
Old 05-5-2011, 10:30 PM   #159
Sweet_Feet
Washed Up
FFR Veteran

Default Re: NHL Playoffs Predictions (Credit Giveaway)

Few notes on this year's playoffs:

Can't believe the Lightning swept the Caps that easily, maybe I underestimated them after watching an ugly first series against the Pens. Mike Knuble says it best in his interview though. Something along the lines of "I just don't get it, it's like whenever they need a goal, or want a goal.. they press this button and it just happens. Seems so effortless and it's extremely frustrating."

Looks like Boston will beat out the Flyers as well but I expect a bit of a comeback from them before this thing is over.

On the western side of things, I don't really think Nashville's crowd is that special in comparison to all the other arenas doing the exact same thing (minus the live bands at intermissions perhaps). I don't see anything left of them. Going to Vancouver for game 5 and only generating an average of like 8 or 9 shots a period, they're going to need a serious style change to beat the Canucks (hungry to end the series).

Have barely been following the Wings/Sharks series but I'm extremely surprised to see SJ up 3-0.

Most overtime games I've ever seen before. It's making for some pretty good hockey, hope it gets even better for conference finals.
Sweet_Feet is offline   Reply With Quote