Thread: UEMP3 released!
View Single Post
Old 05-2-2011, 09:12 PM   #11
Gundam-Dude
`~`
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Default Re: UEMP3 released!

2 Gorgeous 4U (ProfRaine)
Layering for this is pretty funky but it was nice to playthrough. Holds made reading dense and I thought more of the piano chords could've been layered in and emphasized, but overall pretty good file coming from you. Much more structured and solid compared to your past files.

7/8 (Gundam-Dude)
VoCaRoiD.

Apetenodytes Disco (Cyrenics)
Typical chart considering it's Sharpnel. Replayable for scoring from the 32nd bursts and those 8th jack stream patterns.

Cansei de S NIK (ProfRaine)
I'm slightly biased because I already like Roar's file for this song. Your take on the song is different at the very least. I thought that the mine concept in this was unique and creative. Definitely a lot denser than Roar's and has some replayablity to it, but I still prefer his version over this.

Corpse Voyage (Reshiram)
Roar's file except less dense and without the jacks, pretty much. Although, Roar's file has more replayability factor to it due to that scoring element and I prefer it over this one.

Distorted God (Sora)
Whoever you are, you basically took leonid's file and dumped my mini-freeze usage all over it. Although that isn't necessarily a bad thing, I don't really see much originality or difference in this other than the additional mines and freezes and again I'm biased 'cause I already like leonid's file.

Dream to Nightmare (AlexDest)
For a restep, this was a different take on it. Xmods added a nice touch and layering was solid.

Eyes of Insanity ~ Invisible Full Moon (Sora)
Fun and replayable to some extent. Touhou metal etc.

I Want That Cake (Reshiram)
I don't see much replay value in this, mostly due to song choice itself.

LCMS (Cyrenics)
Alright, albeit song's been stepped countless times. Jacks are difficulty spikes and are annoying to combo but add scoring factor.

Night Owl (Ferrari)
Typical Ferrari VGM file. Not much replayability for the typical stepman but it's good as a chart for intermediate players.

Nostalgic Blood of the East ~ Old World (Redox)
Solid layering but there's a bit of a lack of pattern variation which makes this seem longer and more repetitive than it should be.

Only My Railgun (Haru-ko)
Cleaner and easier take on the song compared to Scylaax's file and more consistent than Kaneh's file in OD6. However, the guitar solo is funky (offsync and inaccurate maybe?) and there's a lack of pattern variation which makes this seem longer and repetitive than it should be.

Quark (AlexDest)
Good mine usage and solid, consistent layering. Thought this would be slightly more dense with jumps and hand layering given how prominent bass is, and there's a slight lack of pattern variation.

Steel Bomber (Kommisar)
Typical Kommi chiptune file. I liked the trills in this, thought it made the file much more enjoyable than regular stream patterns.

Supernova (Yorika)
A different take compared to Scylaax's file at the very least. Had some solid layering concepts, however a few sections don't flow very well IMO (e.g. M25+ with the offsetted 32nd notes were hard to follow).

Stargroup Sings The Clear Blue Sky (PiePersonOfDOOM)
Best file and gfx.

(Download My Magnum Opus, Solo Kpop Pack!)

My Simfiles (4key & 6key)
Gundam-Dude is offline   Reply With Quote