View Single Post
Old 04-27-2011, 10:01 AM   #12
Jousway
FFR Player

Default Re: So let's talk about QED stepfiles. (Let's talk about StepMania actually.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilDoRuk View Post
"Oh, QED was in OD back in 2007, huh? Man OD files really suck!"

But regardless of who steps right or wrong, presumably there are people out there who enjoy QED files and people who enjoy your "elitist" files and therefore there's no reason to think "stepping style" somehow contributes to the number of people interested in playing this game over any other.

Trends come and go. Get used to it.
your post shows a great example why I see so many people not liking OD files, because they all need to follow these rules and be "elite" most people that play OD tell me that they are boring, they might be fun to you guys, but people I talk with call them boring, and say the files are a lot like eachother in OD but thats because of all those rules,

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddrxero64 View Post
QED downloaded stepmania, joined OD and made files. He wasn't accepted by the community for whatever reasons, and he left. What qualifies him to represent a stepmania workshop? I don't care how he steps, because there is no right way. But looking at the flipside, he thinks he's stepping the right way. He's just as wrong as everyone else. I on the other hand try to be open to suggestions. His workshop was biased, and even in the attempt to encourage people to play and make files for stepmania did he fail horribly. Don't bother defending QED, because he's wrong. Not on how to step, on thinking that his way is better.
sorry but you're wrong, when you are like "QED files are wrong" you still need to see it the right way, the reason people say its wrong is because they all became these so called hurp durp elites on ffr with stepping, the thing is, by ffr standards he is wrong, but globaly he isnt wrong, who can say his files are right or wrong when its just an open project game were everyone can do what they want, I play files from a load of diffrent comunitys for a load of diffrent gameplay and the file diffrence between these comunity's is masive, so you can tell them they are wrong and they can tell you that you are wrong but in the end no one is wrong because there is no pre defined good file and never will be, everyone steps files the way they see it and feel it, the end.

Jousway is offline   Reply With Quote