View Single Post
Old 04-27-2011, 09:50 AM   #9
EvilDoRuk
FFR Player

Default Re: So let's talk about QED stepfiles. (Let's talk about StepMania actually.)

"Oh, QED was in OD back in 2007, huh? Man OD files really suck!"

Quote:
<RiguruNaitobagu> I think QED still puts arrows to nothing
<MedukaKenomu> rofl
<RiguruNaitobagu> and that isn't style
<RiguruNaitobagu> it's just putting arrows to nothing
<RiguruNaitobagu> Which pretty much just takes your arguement apart right there
<MedukaKenomu> you see, I beat around the bush for stepping simply because I want to follow a standard that seems set here
<AnaruCalibur> But it's The Style Of Putting Arrows To Nothing am i wrong?
<RiguruNaitobagu> No
<RiguruNaitobagu> It'd suck pretty bad if QED got into the bemani team and started putting ghost arrows down in keysounded files
<RiguruNaitobagu> People would have no idea why they were there and why they made no sound
<AnaruCalibur> Ok Yeah
<AnaruCalibur> well, i ststill don't get whatyou see is WRONG with that
<RiguruNaitobagu> Because each song is different and that is what allows patterns to be unique
<RiguruNaitobagu> because each song has its own uniqueness
<RiguruNaitobagu> When was the last time you played st castawayhand
<RiguruNaitobagu> When was the last time you enjoyed playing st castawayhand
<MedukaKenomu> one that you may see in a different light from QED... is probably Nick's point
<AnaruCalibur> I never played st castawayhand though
<AnaruCalibur> because I didnt like the song (OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooooooooooOOOOOOOOOOhhhhhhhhhhhhhhHHHHHHHHHHHHH

[I wonder whether people who like castaway enjoy playing stcastawayhand]

<RiguruNaitobagu> Yeah well if all simfiles were copypasted scarhand charts onto different songs it'd suck
<RiguruNaitobagu> which is what QED generally does because herp derp even they say it themselves that they're "16th patterns we're used to seeing from you"
<RiguruNaitobagu> When I play your files I don't say
<RiguruNaitobagu> Oh Hey It'S Definitely A Nick FIle Because I Recognise Those 16ths!
<AnaruCalibur> well, i still know people whove usually said "damn, that's a nick file, i like it because how he stepped it", so its apparent i have an way of stepping that appeals to people, so how is that diff then QED
<RiguruNaitobagu> Most people don't alter their bpm to affect the arrow colour
<RiguruNaitobagu> That's about the most noticeable thing
<RiguruNaitobagu> I think the biggest deal about simfiles is them being clean
<RiguruNaitobagu> and not cluttered
<RiguruNaitobagu> which is hard to do
<RiguruNaitobagu> and you seem to be able to do that well
<RiguruNaitobagu> and so does QED
<RiguruNaitobagu> but he still puts down ghost arrows for no reason

But regardless of who steps right or wrong, presumably there are people out there who enjoy QED files and people who enjoy your "elitist" files and therefore there's no reason to think "stepping style" somehow contributes to the number of people interested in playing this game over any other.

Trends come and go. Get used to it.
EvilDoRuk is offline   Reply With Quote