View Single Post
Old 04-11-2011, 03:31 PM   #8
T-Force
Your world ends with you
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Default Re: NHL Playoffs Predictions (Credit Giveaway)

My post won't count for creds, but I might as well post my predictions.
Also, much appreciated for the full board Kommi, but we're only going by the round in question. So once the Semis come around, a new pick will happen.
It's kind of like the NHL picks done earlier.
PS. Going by your picks, Anaheim would play Vancouver and SJ would face Detroit.

Anyway:
EASTERN CONFERENCE
1. Washington Capitals vs. 8. New York Rangers
2. Philadelphia Flyers vs. 7. Buffalo Sabres
3. Boston Bruins vs. 6. Montreal Canadiens
4. Pittsburgh Penguins vs. 5. Tampa Bay Lightning

-=-

WESTERN CONFERENCE
1. Vancouver Canucks vs. 8. Chicago Blackhawks
2. San Jose Sharks vs. 7. Los Angeles Kings
3. Detroit Red Wings vs. 6. Phoenix Coyotes
4. Anaheim Ducks vs. 5. Nashville Predators

Also:
Quote:
Originally Posted by VarleyisDance View Post
I would love for nothing more for vancouver to win.... but they've had their number the last 2 years and chicago only finished 2 points out of 4th!
You do have to give a lot of credit to players like Eager and Byfuglien though. The grinders who got under the Canucks' skins as well as in the head of Luongo. But they're gone, as is most of the team they had in those years. The key components such as Toews, Kane, Sharp, Hossa, Keith and Seabrook are still around, but they can't carry this team again. Not to mention the depth Vancouver has especially on the back end. They used a total of 13 defensemen and only ONCE had their top 6 guys in the line-up at the same time and that was the last game of the year. Chicago won't be as dominant as they were last season.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kommisar View Post
Los Angeles: hahahahah when have they ever won anything
1993. Won Game 7 of the Conference Finals in Toronto. The Great One scored a Hat-trick to lead them to the Final where they did win game 1, but fell victim to Montreal's strategy of go-to-OT-because-we-always-win.

And a Montreal-Vancouver final would probably be the greatest thing for two reasons: The Cup comes back to Canada, and Gary Bettman will suffer a heart attack and die.
But, I actually want to see a Buffalo-Vancouver final. Both teams came into the league at the same time, both celebrating their 40th anniversary, both have made it to the finals a couple times but have yet to win. That and Luongo vs. Miller rounds 3-6 (and maybe 7, 8, 9) would be a goalie duel for the ages.

Finally,
Quote:
Originally Posted by kommisar View Post
Phoenix: Go back to winnipeg plz

Last edited by T-Force; 04-14-2011 at 12:55 AM..
T-Force is offline   Reply With Quote