Old 02-25-2011, 01:30 AM   #20
bmah
shots FIRED
Global Moderator, User Support, Judge
Global ModeratorFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Default Re: different lvls for songs...

Quote:
Originally Posted by igotrhythm View Post
The problem with easy files getting into the game is that all the players that are "good enough" to be on a judging panel are men among men and are too skilled to tell the difference between a good easy file and a bad one.
You'd think, right? But when I asked for advice on how to make easy charts, I've got different responses:

dore: it's easier to make a functional easy chart than a functional hard chart but it's much more difficult to make a good easy chart than a good hard chart

Gundam-Dude: anybody can step an easy chart, the only tricky part is actually making it interesting to playthrough and not just throwing 4th and 8th notes wherever you feel like it

kommisar: for easier files it's better to broadly follow the song. it's not often that a song will deliver a melody to follow that's consistently simple or would warrant an easier difficulty. It's better to step the feel of the music with 8ths etc. I actually find it harder to make really good easy files than more complex charts lmao.

There's more of which you can find on the last three pages of the old queue/batch discussion thread that's now locked.

note: in all of the arguments I see, according to the ratio of easy to hard files, I'd say that it's more urgent to get a few more easy files in as opposed to finding that perfect "fun", "replayable" but easy file. Because that sounds like a rare thing. In which case of course you aren't going to get many easy files in with that sort of philosophy, as much as we're trying to accept the best files possible.

Last edited by bmah; 02-25-2011 at 01:34 AM..