View Single Post
Old 12-17-2010, 04:57 PM   #13
Starshot
/DJS\
FFR Music Producer

Send a message via AIM to Starshot Send a message via MSN to Starshot Send a message via Yahoo to Starshot
Default Re: I won an iPad, and I'm pissed.

As a person who uses the iOS all the damn time, allow me to help a bit:

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkshark View Post
I try putting movies on it, won't work, itunes doesn't support anything of any sort of quality. I have to downgrade it to a shoddy version of h264.
Use the VLC App. It's great and plays every format known to man, even on the iOS. There are DOZENS of alternative apps from the stock stuff they give you on the ipad. Google Books, VLC, notepad apps, you name it. Just look around and you'll easily replace the default stuff.

Quote:
At least it plays smoothly once it's on there though. I try putting A ****ING JPG ON IT. Won't work. apparently you can't load single pictures into it, you have to import YOUR WHOLE GOD DAMN FOLDER OF PICTURES. Who's horrible idea was this? Really?
You can set which specific sync folder of pictures you want to go on your ipad. It's relatively easy to do.

Quote:
The fact that you can only pseudo multi-task is a big pain, my idea of multi-tasking is not simply being able to play music while you browse, that's stupid.
Double tap the home button to access the multitask panel. You can switch between apps with ease.

Yes, I acknowledge the fact that the iOS still can't run flash, but after the 4.0 patch, everything is a hell of a lot stabler then it used to be.

Also: http://vimeo.com/5582626

Last edited by Starshot; 12-17-2010 at 05:01 PM..
Starshot is offline   Reply With Quote