View Single Post
Old 12-16-2010, 03:48 PM   #267
Yieldsign
FFR Player

Default Re: Passing away of Steve aka Jellygod

Quote:
Originally Posted by jchinzilla View Post
i used to think suicide was just so stupid and anyone who would want to off themselves was just as dumb

until you yourself entertain the thought of killing yourself, or go so far as to attempt suicide...or if you realize how many people have suicidal ideations themselves. To our minds it makes sense that if you want to get rid of your tribulations one way is to flat out die. that will wipe things. This is partially true, but it can only increase the suffering, pain, and grief more than it can alleviate.

now i have no intention of being incendiary, i have the utmost respect and compassion that one could feel towards someone that i've never met nor talked with much, but committing suicide is one of the most selfish things that you can do...

please don't take that last statement the wrong way. i am not saying that jellygod is selfish. but seeing this tragic incident we can understand how killing oneself forces those around you to become very concerned, thoughtful, and confused as to why such a thing would happen
I think it's actually a lot more selfish to even make the assertion that suicide is selfish. You're putting your own feelings ahead of those of the deceased, and despite whatever you may feel about the person in question, if he was driven to suicide it is probable that his feelings of despair or whatnot were far more pressing and weighty than your love for them.

That is to say, if he is really in considerable pain and cannot stand to live, I think it's selfish for you to look at it in a "look at the pain he caused ME" context without realizing that his own pain is probably far greater.
Yieldsign is offline   Reply With Quote