View Single Post
Old 12-14-2010, 11:15 PM   #24
~kitty~
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Default Re: Haters gonna hate.

Funny story, I know a GUY like that. He was in my AP Calculus class last year, and I passed my AP exam, with a passing subscore for AB (because I took BC w/o having AB). I meet him at college one day, because we go to the same college, and I ask him how his classes are. He tells me he has Math 141 (Calculus) and I was like "Oh, you didn't pass your exam?" Then he goes off and tells me that it's all the teacher's fault, that she didn't teach everything and that she didn't do proofs. I tell him, "Uh, I think she did do proofs. What is a proof, exactly, though?" I ask, to see what his definition of a "proof" was in math. It was as I thought, really, and he rants about how she didn't do proofs. I try to convince him that she did teach the things and that she did do proofs. He said "you don't know what you were talking about, she didn't do proofs I was there." I made the logical argument that I passed the exam, so I think I would remember if she taught the material and did proofs. He started telling me my argument was baseless and that the fact I was there with him doesn't count as a base. Then, I ask him, "Okay, since this math class is different and she didn't do proofs, give me an example of what's different and what a proof is from that class." He pauses, and then says "It's stupid to think that I could pull an example out of my head right on the spot like that. I think you just want to be right." I gave him examples of how the teacher did teach things that were on the exam, but then he started accusing me of saying that she taught us everything in calculus and said "you aren't in my calculus class in college, you wouldn't know what he teaches us." He would cut me off every time I tried to say that it wasn't my point what he was taught in that class, the argument is about what was taught in the high school class, and then he started saying to me "You just like to argue and to be right. Listen to me, you're WRONG. You're completely wrong, nothing you're saying is right. You don't know what you're talking about. You DON'T know what you're talking about. You weren't in my Math 141 class, and just because you were in my AP Calculus class, doesn't mean you automatically know what was taught in my class. I'm leaving now, just stop talking you're wrong"

I just let it go by then, it's obvious that he's not going to be convinced of anything.
~kitty~ is offline   Reply With Quote