View Single Post
Old 12-14-2010, 09:45 PM   #9
Oni-Paranoia
No fucks
FFR Veteran

Default Re: Voting age being lowered to 17?!?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crashfan3 View Post
Oni, is that for national elections, or just state and municipal elections that the age limit is being reduced?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oni-Paranoia View Post
to allow 17 year old's to vote in municipal elections. (City and state wide)
;]

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoodedRaccoon View Post
I really dont think they should do that because im 17 and I could choose one guy who (not saying any names)looks promising offering change but then doesn't deliver when someone older and wiser knows that person is a fraud and doesn't vote for that person and loses because young people all think basically alike and like the guy offering change. We dont exactly know what he is talking about but he makes it sound good.
This is where the problem resides. Just because someone might be older does not mean they are more sophisticated. You choose who you want because you 'think' they will be better than the other guy. If we can get political attention more into high schools, then we can definitely make some better choices.

Also, if you can drive, enlist into the army and have a diploma by 17, then you should be able to vote at least in the municipal elections. My girlfriend was a full-time teacher at the age of 17. Some people know what they're doing.
Oni-Paranoia is offline   Reply With Quote