View Single Post
Old 11-23-2010, 02:10 PM   #164
XCV
has nice tits
FFR Veteran

Default Re: New Veteran Status - Opinions?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TC_Halogen View Post
How about coming up with a point system that can combine each and every aspect together so that having a portion of all three can satisfy the veteran requirement?

ex: obtain 4,500 points

forum post: +1 for every two posts
account length: +750 per year
game: +1 per every 5,000,000 gts

etc.

basically, the point I'm trying to make is, a user can obtain veteran status by using two aspects, rather than just a single one

Let's use wc (who happened to be at the end of page 8 and because he's my b*tch so I'll do it anyway :3)

Account length: 4.27 (x 750) ~ 3,201
GTS: 11,337,198,895 (÷ 5,000,000) ~ 2,267
Forum Posts: 9,190 (÷ 2) = 4,595

in this case, you have a user who's been active (4.27 years), shows that they have a great interest in the game (11 bil GTS), and they are extremely active in the community (albeit a bit trolly). However, their continued interest in the site has racked them enough points to be a veteran more than twice over (10,063).

I can already see people complaining about the system because they choose not to do one of the few things, but the way that I see it - if you haven't been on the site long, why should you be considered? If you don't play the game a lot, why should you be considered? If you can't be bothered to jump in the community, why should you be considered? Forcing two different requirements to be partially attained rather than a single one assures users getting rewarded for what they do, whether it be an active poster in the community or an active player.
And then you have the people like me who are just plain antisocial. [If that was actually in play I'd be hovering around 1750.] However, I play the game for hours on end. I'm on break, so I go to sleep at about 1 AM, get up at 5, eat breakfast then play FFR off and on for about two-thirds of the day.

I think that system is sound, though, even for us steel-traps.

Goal: get 3bil before any of this happens so I don't have to worry about it (DOUBLE EDIT: oh it's both, nvm)

Suppose vet status was awarded for just being good at the game. Average of avrank and gts rank under 1000, etc. plus a postcount requirement (250? 500?)

Last edited by XCV; 11-23-2010 at 02:23 PM..
XCV is offline   Reply With Quote