Thread: POKEMON
View Single Post
Old 10-25-2010, 08:58 AM   #15
Mogsworth
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Mogsworth Send a message via MSN to Mogsworth
Default Re: POKEMON

Pokemon is still a decent mix of simplicity and depth, and this is coming from someone who's been playing since R/B. It might be because I've grown up with the battle system, but I feel like it's about as deep as you make it. In-game, yes, the battle system is easy to abuse. There's never any formidable challenge unless you decide to go for the extraneous bollocks at the end (Pokemon almost always has the best post-game content of any series), but once you get into multiplayer, you start to appreciate its nuances even more. Maybe I'm just the type of person who appreciates something like a Shuckle with a Wide Lens attached and a moveset consisting of Wrap, Toxic, Sandstorm, and Stealth Rock.

Triple battles appear to be slightly more strategic than before, partially due to positioning being key in strategizing. Not to mention the fact that there are interesting moves that coincide with triple battles, such as ElecNet; I hope this style of battle takes off in competitive play, it seems like implementation in the standard game is lacking.