View Single Post
Old 12-19-2009, 11:35 AM   #36
spreadNv
FFR Player

Default Re: Does anyone know what the hell the lyrics are in RATO?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRubix View Post
Dosslol:

"CCCP: The samples in that song are sourced from a record called Poi Poi which originally came with a reference book and equipment to perform choreographed steps to the chants on the record. Hence the counter clockwise chant was the one I sampled. Very Good is what the man says on the record after he assumes you correctly performed the choreography and the "1, 4, 1, 4, times, good" is just from him counting the steps to the beat. Not sure exactly but I believe the chant I sampled was in Hawaiian. Here's some information on POI as I know little to nothing of it aside from finding the record in a dusty bin about 5 years ago.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Poi_(performance_art)
I don't remember where I got the sample from the female in the end of the song but I grabbed a few things she said to make it sound like she was saying "sooooo tiiiiiiime" (not sure exactly why, I just liked how it sounded.
Adcar: This song is olllllllllllllllllld. Was made in 2001 or so. About 4 years before it was released. If I remember correctly, some of the vocal sounds were taken from a Karmon Israeli record, however, none of it is in any kind of english. Most times I sample vocals, I either construct them to say things they never intended to say or make some kind of flow that sounds like it could be english or some kind of unidentifiable foreign language, or in Adcar's case, no language at all, just whatever flows with what I'm making behind it.

Hope you enjoy!
Mike"
Lyrics explanation DOMINATED
spreadNv is offline   Reply With Quote