View Single Post
Old 08-17-2009, 02:10 AM   #366
N.T.M.
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to N.T.M.
Default Re: Astronomic Metal Collection 2

Misanthropic Coil (ICYW) - Accepted - Accepted by me, however there still are a few things here: 136.74 and 141.79 should both have jumps placed for consistency. Measure 118 is unchanged and even if those 8ths are present (at some speed), it still doesn't warrant their placement.

There are also still a lot of (fairly negligible) tiny PR errors and seemingly superfluous hands. None of these are stipulations for acceptance.

Places like measure 25: sorry, but those minifreezes are outta sync (not all of them, just at the beginning and maybe some other places). You're sol there cuz you can't do **** about it. This then incorporates a theory I like to call "sm theory of subjectiveness". Since instruments like the guitar can't (when layered) have an exact point identified where it was initiated, some infinitesimal disparity could be permitted.

Bad news: the gap in your file exceeds that so you're still sol. I won't reject the file for that, but Sulfer might (doubt it though).

Sacrifice for the Slaughtergod (Authority) - Rejected - Not TOO bad, but definitely lacks fundamental SM construction: There is no PR, lots of places should have been layered more (hands + background drums), patterns are all arbitrary and devoid of even rudimentary consistency.

If you want me to state examples of this I'd be happy to do so.

Charlo's files - pending rejections...:

There are quite a few here. I'll try to review them all at once when I have the time (maybe tomorrow).

*edit* Some of your files have potential, but I'm probably gonna reject all of those submissions due to significant quality drawbacks: PR is non-existent, learn to use hands, pick better music that doesn't demand excessive vocal attention to combat their repetitive nature (cutting mp3s can also be effective for this).

I'll ascertain this tomorrow.

Again (anybody), any questions, just ask.

Some of my revised files (mostly for Sulfer):

Prepare for War (N.T.M.) - already accepted - Middle 144 BPM section was completely resynced.

Every Time I Die (N.T.M.) - already accepted - I resynced EVERY measure. Some minor PR errors were rectified in conjunction with minor additional layering. Read me file inside was also extended.
“Beware the irrational, however seductive. Shun the 'transcendent' and all who invite you to subordinate or annihilate yourself. Distrust compassion; prefer dignity for yourself and others. Don't be afraid to be thought arrogant or selfish... Suspect your own motives, and all excuses. Do not live for others any more than you would expect others to live for you.”

Christopher Hitchens

Last edited by N.T.M.; 08-17-2009 at 02:35 AM.. Reason: Charlo
N.T.M. is offline   Reply With Quote