View Single Post
Old 08-10-2009, 11:30 AM   #356
Charlo
FFR Player

Default Re: Astronomic Metal Collection 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by SulferDragon View Post

A Warrior's Death - Accepted with some tweaks - The patterns in this are much better than the first file, and overall it is much more fun. The use of holds is sketchy throughout the whole file. This seems to be a problem with a lot of your files I have played. It's not that bad in this file, except in places such as measures 37-42. Some of the holds are half-notes, some are quarter-notes, and others are completely ignored. Talk about inconsistent. This song is also a bit on the long side. Although, it is varied enough to be interesting.

Carrion Sculpted Entity - Accepted with some tweaks - Good index stepfile fare. I would like to see something else more interesting done with that long 16th stream at measure 101-118. That's about it. Thankfully, it's short; otherwise, I would reject it on account of being boring.

Euphoric Dream - Accepted with some tweaks - Errors I found as follows:
m104, Why can't you put 16ths in between the jumps?
m114, The error should be obvious if you listen to the guitar.
m132, I think the correct pattern is more like this.
m195-196, I honestly think that 16th stream breaks the flow and is out of place.
m201, I don't think all those steps actually go to sounds.
m203-204, Just like measure 195.
The 24ths in the solo are all wrong. They're not 24ths at all. Also, some of the 16ths should actually be 24ths. You stepped everything backwards!
I also noticed the sync in this file was really bad. It might be the gap, or it could be the BPM. I don't know. Either way, it's wrong. Some of your other files might be off too, but I don't feel like checking.
Overall, this file is actually really fun. It's probably the best file I have ever played by you. It's certainly the most consistent. The song is ****ing great too. Fix this file.
I have fixed up these files and will submit them shortly. I will also submit some new ones.

Regarding the holds in A Warrior's Death, the reason they're different lengths is to avoid hands (I have an irrational hatred of hands). I agree that there could be more consistency in other areas, though, so I fixed up a few things.

I also completely redid the last part of Carrion Sculpted Entity and took all your suggestions for Euphoric Dream. The gap and BPM feel right to me but you can change them if you want.

I make metal files for keyboard players! Check them out at:
Charlo is offline   Reply With Quote