View Single Post
Old 08-5-2009, 11:52 PM   #340
N.T.M.
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to N.T.M.
Default Re: Astronomic Metal Collection 2

Zyglrox Rejected - Cut the mp3, sync seems a bit off in places, and PLEASE step some of those crazy background drums in lue of those repetitive guitar patterns.

Accept The Fact Rejected - Some of those straight 24ths should be skittle notes (yes, it is VERY time consuming). The sync is also considerably off in places. Still better than most Warmen files though.

When Legends Come to Life - Does music like this really constitute "metal"? Dunnow. Also, the song choice is poor (too monotonous).

The Darkest of Winters Rejected - You can simplify some measures if some included notes are insufficiently pronounced, but this is ridiculous (and prevalent throughout the file):

Sync is also off throughout the file. In conjunction with those errors, lots of guitar streams seem kinda.... "disjointed".

Those things aside it was actually fun to play. Oh, and it's very understepped in areas. But still, there's potential here. These things can be rectified.

To everybody: please don't take any of my criticism negatively. If you have any further questions about anything, just ask and I'll be happy to explain.

And Sulfer: any particular files you have in mind that I should review next?

Oh, and if you think we could use another Judge, BAQ12 is up for it. He makes solid files.
“Beware the irrational, however seductive. Shun the 'transcendent' and all who invite you to subordinate or annihilate yourself. Distrust compassion; prefer dignity for yourself and others. Don't be afraid to be thought arrogant or selfish... Suspect your own motives, and all excuses. Do not live for others any more than you would expect others to live for you.”

Christopher Hitchens
N.T.M. is offline   Reply With Quote