View Single Post
Old 07-18-2009, 10:14 PM   #12
mhss1992
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Default Re: I finally gained my keyboard!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowcliff View Post
So, about the keyboard itself, what is it? I have a crappy one with light-up plastic keys that aren't velocity-sensitive. Got it for Christmas about 4 years ago, but I'm guessing it was $50-60. I'm probably going to spend some larger amount to get a nicer one, that feels like a real piano and IS velocity sensitive.
It's a Yamaha E-313, i think it's good. It's velocity and touch sensitive and has many songs and different lessons: timing, waiting for the right note to be pressed, listen and learn, etc. I think I evolved pretty quickly with it. The keys don't have the hardness of piano keys, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sp1nzoK View Post
I've been practicing piano for maybe 9 months, not even that actively and I'm practicing Moonlight Sonata Adagio 1st mov. I'm halfway through and I practice it nearly everyday, and for that specific song it's almost only getting the notes down, since doing it justice is hard - but I still like learning it. It's in my opinion good 2 hand practice and not too beginner unfriendly (you have to be able to reach ninths though).
Moonlight Sonata seems doable... I think I'll try it after I get better at the song I'm currently training at.

Best AAA: Frictional Nevada (Done while FFR was out, so it doesn't show in my level stats)

Resting. I might restart playing FFR seriously someday.

Last edited by mhss1992; 07-18-2009 at 10:17 PM..
mhss1992 is offline   Reply With Quote