View Single Post
Old 07-13-2009, 08:14 PM   #314
SulferDragon
this is a waste of space
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to SulferDragon
Default Re: Astronomic Metal Collection 2

Okay.

This is the last batch of stuff I'm going to review. I don't feel like doing this anymore. I've lost too much interest in this pack to judge every file. Feel free to send stuff to the email. I'll still play it, and I will accept it if I like it. I'm still going to release this sometime. I just don't know when.

A Swarm of Plagues - Needs work - Errors I found as follows:
m24, The 16ths only last for one beat, not two.
m32, Same thing.
m47, Those are more like 12ths and 24ths, not 16ths.
m64, Part of that stream shouldn't exist.
m72-73, Why do some of the vocals have holds. Remove them, or put holds on all the vocals
m76, I still think those holds are pointless.
m103, 16th stream starts a beat to soon.
m146, Like measure 64.
m167, One of those 8th notes goes to nothing.
m168-182, The holds aren't a bad idea, but there's no reason why all the vocals shouldn't have them.
m207, Those holds are stupid.
Overall the file is unpolished. The patterns seem very lazy. Put some thought into them.

A Warrior's Death - Accepted with some tweaks - The patterns in this are much better than the first file, and overall it is much more fun. The use of holds is sketchy throughout the whole file. This seems to be a problem with a lot of your files I have played. It's not that bad in this file, except in places such as measures 37-42. Some of the holds are half-notes, some are quarter-notes, and others are completely ignored. Talk about inconsistent. This song is also a bit on the long side. Although, it is varied enough to be interesting.

Carrion Sculpted Entity - Accepted with some tweaks - Good index stepfile fare. I would like to see something else more interesting done with that long 16th stream at measure 101-118. That's about it. Thankfully, it's short; otherwise, I would reject it on account of being boring.

Euphoric Dream - Accepted with some tweaks - Errors I found as follows:
m104, Why can't you put 16ths in between the jumps?
m114, The error should be obvious if you listen to the guitar.
m132, I think the correct pattern is more like this.
m195-196, I honestly think that 16th stream breaks the flow and is out of place.
m201, I don't think all those steps actually go to sounds.
m203-204, Just like measure 195.
The 24ths in the solo are all wrong. They're not 24ths at all. Also, some of the 16ths should actually be 24ths. You stepped everything backwards!
I also noticed the sync in this file was really bad. It might be the gap, or it could be the BPM. I don't know. Either way, it's wrong. Some of your other files might be off too, but I don't feel like checking.
Overall, this file is actually really fun. It's probably the best file I have ever played by you. It's certainly the most consistent. The song is ****ing great too. Fix this file.

The Dunes - Needs work - I could tell one second into this file that I wasn't going to accept it. It violates rule #2 right off the bat. That's not to say it's bad. In fact, it was actually pretty fun, but I'm afraid that won't be quite enough. I'm extremely sick of going into detail about every error, so I'll just list the measures you should look at: m24, m43, m66, m74, m92, m96, m132, m154

The Leper Affinity - Rejected - The patterns are repetitive and not fun. I can't tell what half the holds are for. If you cut it at measure 97 it would at least be decent, but it really gets bad after that. Overall, the file strikes me as lazy.

The Shattered Fortress - Needs work - I almost quit before I got through the first 100 seconds. It's pretty much repeating the same **** over and over for that entire time. After that it was fun for a bit, but then it got repetitive again. Next it got boring. After that it got interesting during the guitar solo thingy, but the steps and layering were sloppy. It was still fun though. Then the BPM slowed down and... okay, seriously, I can't go into detail for a file this long. The file has it's moments, but it's overlong and unamazing (kind of like the new Transformers movie, only not as painful). There are way too many offbeat, missing, and steps that shouldn't even exist it would take ages to go into detail about every error. Seriously, this is way too long. Songs this long have to be amazing if you want me to accept them. If it was four minutes it might have a chance. It would have errors, but it could work with some fixes. This needs a lot of help.

Token of Time - Accepted - This gets accepted because, 1: it's index friendly; 2: it's very fun; and 3: we need more folk metal. It has errors though.

Track on Fire - Rejected - Why? Well, instrumental songs like these demand pitch relevancy and as accurate steps as possible. If this was stepped accurately it would be like a giant pack of skittles. It's basically five minutes of 24th and 16th streams. Not much thought seems to have gone into here.

I will update the second post with every file I have in the pack later.

SulferDragon is offline   Reply With Quote