Thread: IQ
View Single Post
Old 07-1-2009, 03:39 PM   #220
MrRubix
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Default Re: IQ

ieat: Thing is, I feel the online aspect is only a small part of it. I can blast off at people online because I can simply vent and get away with it -- if I don't want to see that person again, I don't have to. In real life, I have to be a bit more constructive and reserved with how I interact with people I strongly disagree with.

Like, I was damn-near ready to kill my Finance group. I never called them retarded like I might have done online, but rather just became more and more frustrated. They seemed to favor groupthink at the expense of accuracy. It's like trying to explain to someone, "If I drop this apple, it will fall to the ground" only to have a few people go "Ehhh, I think that's wrong. It'll probably go up." I can rant and rave with a billion examples and proofs as to why they're wrong, but it doesn't seem to matter. I can't imagine any other reason as to why people would still insist their incorrect way is right unless they're stupid. Of course, nobody wants to be called stupid, and by doing so, you come across as arrogant. My group was losing points on **** THEY were getting wrong, and they just kept ignoring my contributions. Even if it's about maintaining credibility... I mean, who are they fooling? They're obviously wrong -- the proof was in the score, the explanations, the class, etc.

As for the FFR/ODI thing, I just had to come to realize that it's impossible to win an argument with stupid people who enjoy bandwagoning. Ah well. My time spent trolling and getting people riled up didn't help much either. I don't play anymore so it isn't a big deal.
MrRubix is offline   Reply With Quote