View Single Post
Old 07-1-2009, 01:43 PM   #213
Ice wolf
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Default Re: IQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRubix View Post
I've always had a huge problem with the 4th dimension being "time," be-all-end-all, because it would imply that, say, a 2 dimensional world has no "time." Can I not move around in a 2 dimensional world? I think too many people try to understand the 4th as "time" and then they get confused when they think about what higher dimensions really mean.

I would say the 4th dimension is "time for 3d beings" or something similar, since I think we can define 3d as "time" for a 2-dimensional being. We need some way to explain how we change from one state to another within a given dimension by utilizing the dimensions above.
I am not incredibly well versed in the 10-dimensional view of reality, but I would say that the 2nd dimension would still utilize the 4th dimension for time, not the 3rd dimension.

After all, the 2nd dimension is a spatial dimension just as the third is. I think it would help people if they imagined the first three dimensions as one big spatial dimension.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sp1nzoK View Post
I edited my post to reflect it better after thinking about it more. I'll say it even better in this one: If we come to a point that contains _every possible outcome of every universe_ then wouldn't "God" be the force on the dimension above the highest possible dimension a human mind can produce, disregarding what God may be or do and just using it as the "unknown" factor in the big picture. In that regard proving God is nigh impossible even if it exists in any form, since we can hardly gain information of the lower dimensions as it is.

Enough mind**** for today I guess haha.
I think I am starting to understand you a little better, but I see no reason to think that there is some unknown factor or force above the highest dimension of which we can think.

You will have to more clearly define God before I can come to a better understanding of your thoughts.

This is going to turn into a critical thinking thread after a while.

^Way better than 25thhour's link. You know you want to sign up.

The best noteskin ever: Skittles

Are you having trouble syncing your files? Use DDReamStudio.

Ice wolf is offline   Reply With Quote