View Single Post
Old 07-1-2009, 08:45 AM   #203
mhss1992
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Default Re: IQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice wolf View Post
It is a 2-dimensional projection of a 3-dimensional shadow of a 4-dimensional cube rotating. It is known as a hypercube or a tesseract.
I seriously don't understand how those dimensions beyond the third work. I mean, it's impossible to imagine something like an axis that's perpendicular to the 3 original dimensions, and everything that's said about it is always shown in 3d or 2d. So, what does it really mean?

Well, I did find an explanation of a fourth dimension shown as a "color" axis. But I seriously can't conceive it as another "space" axis.

EDIT: Ah, I get it!
0 dimension: point.
1 dimension: a segment of a line, two points linked.
2 dimensions: square, two segments of line linked.
3 dimensions: a cube, two squares linked by the vertices.
4 dimensions: tesseract, two cubes linked by the vertices.

That's really cool, but I still can't imagine it as being something beyond 3d, I wonder if it's possible to imagine...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reach View Post
Social psychology would tell us that the vast majority of people, i.e. over 85% of people, will report themselves as 'slightly above average' intelligence, as to think of themselves as better than the average bear, but not to appear full of themselves. People don't like to think of themselves as average or less than average, generally, which becomes clear when we realize 85+% of people can't be above average
Well... It looks like the people I live with are humbler than usual, because I've known several smart or average people who keep calling themselves "dumb" or "nothing special". I'm not on that group, but I'm not annoyingly arrogant either. I think.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRubix View Post
Well there's that saying, "the average man thinks he isn't" or whatever. I'm also pretty sure many IQ tests inflate scores to make one seem "smarter." I remember this absurdly easy test with a 135 cap, but the questions and length of the test probably demanded no more than a 110 cap.
I've seen IQ tests from ads. They were so ridiculous it looked like the cap was 100 or something.

Best AAA: Frictional Nevada (Done while FFR was out, so it doesn't show in my level stats)

Resting. I might restart playing FFR seriously someday.

Last edited by mhss1992; 07-1-2009 at 09:17 AM..
mhss1992 is offline   Reply With Quote