View Single Post
Old 05-10-2009, 06:29 PM   #18
xferrarix
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to xferrarix
Default Re: FFR Community Pack III (Submissions Open)

Quote:
Originally Posted by woah
It's pretty good, but there's some things that bother me. The PR in the beginning is slightly off, though it's kinda subjective as to what you want to do with that. With that, too, I feel as if layering it instead of leaving it alone as just the melody may be a bit more effective. The first stream pattern is kinda strange. I don't like what you did with the mines the first time, as I think it'll be more effective if you just had a two arrow pattern thing for that, and I think instead of having the giant slew of mines in the middle would be better stepped out instead. The jumpstream right before the first colored notes feels awkward; you should step the bass instead of the cymbal crashes instead since it's more dominantly heard and felt, even though you ignored the bass in the first stream which is somewhat okay. In the jumpstream after the colored notes, the minifreezes would be better off as jumps, but I'm not sure. It just doesn't seem too right that way. Before the giant mine slew, you have those two jump thingies, but it's probably better as jumpjacks. Later on in the file, where there's just 4ths and 8ths and with cymbal crashes, I think the cymbal crashes should be stepped because it has a pretty large presence there and it feels quite empty just having single arrows sometimes there.

oh forgot to mention the color notes seem offsync too but i didn't really check it much
rofl @ this critique.

um i guess i'll try to fix it?

edit: so fix:

1. sync on scratches (yeah i kinda bs'd some of it but i'll fix it anyway)
2. cymbal crashes at that part with them
3. mess with 8th note stuff in main chorus
4. change up that part with the mines right after the first stream w/o jumps
5. add jumps and crap

that it?

Last edited by xferrarix; 05-10-2009 at 06:32 PM..
xferrarix is offline   Reply With Quote