View Single Post
Old 03-27-2009, 06:24 AM   #7
zebdal the legend
FFR Player

Default Re: Conflict of BPM choice?

Quote:
Furthermore, (this is an honest question) how can we know for sure the 'actual' BPM of a song and not just one of its multiples (100 BPM instead of 200, 400, etc.)?

But how can we tell for other songs what their BPMs are? Do we classify it based off our knowledge of the general BPMs for a certain genre?

So, is there a systematic way to determine the BPM? The mixmeister program knows nothing about a genre or the artist, and simply analyzes it. And yet, sometimes it even gets the 'wrong' BPM. So, as an inexperienced stepartist myself, how can I tell the BPM? Based off of my personal judgment, or based off of what pure analysis has given me?
that's a great question.
In a measure, there is 4 beats.
so, a beat is a red arrow on stepmania.
A cycle has 4 measures.
if you knows what is a cycle, you can find if it's 100, 200 or 400 because there is 16 beats on a cycle.
but how newbies can know that? They can't.
I had the same experience than you.
I think, doing an official tutorial of syncing simfiles will be good for helping them.
After that, you'll just have to post the link for players who does this error.
I know that's undoable, but we can already do it for packs submissions.

Quote:
So you came over here as someone who plays with one color and tried to tell people who play with multiple colors what they should look at? Are you serious?
I usually play with 1 color but I played with multiple colors before, so I know the spirit of playing with multiple colors too.
My entire post is not posted for only players who play with 1-color, I just say that for these players, this is one more reason to have the correct BPM.

Last edited by zebdal the legend; 03-27-2009 at 06:31 AM..
zebdal the legend is offline   Reply With Quote