View Single Post
Old 03-27-2009, 06:02 AM   #4
Archelos
FFR Player

Default Re: Conflict of BPM choice?

Quote:
Originally Posted by zebdal the legend View Post
in a xmod file, there is some moments where the BPM doesn't change, like the beginning of glitchcraft. And at this moment, it should be the exact BPM (like CMOD files).
Right, okay. That's a given. But what about the rest of it? Am I right when I translated that you said it's okay to put BPM tricks in your XMOD files because it gives them a feel? You said:

"Xmod rows were created to have a particular stylistic effect, and, even if we do not respect the BPM of the music we create an atmosphere which it respects completely the music.

So, in the underlined section, you basically said it's okay not to respect the BPM of the music because it creates an "atmosphere that respects the music". Could you define that, please? It sounds to be like you're basically saying "it's okay for XMOD players to do what they want with BPM changes but not CMOD players" which makes the whole argument moot.

Quote:
Also, the ones who play with a 1-coloured-noteskin (like me) don't see the differences between 8th and 16th. So for them, the colour is not really important, and there is only the BPM who is really important.
So you came over here as someone who plays with one color and tried to tell people who play with multiple colors what they should look at? Are you serious? That's like me watching only romantic comedies and then going over to a group of horror movie fans and trying to tell them how they should enjoy their movies. You can't appreciate or understand the value of a colored noteskin because you don't use one, so who are you to tell us what we should do with it? It's no wonder you're dissing the use of colors so much.

Quote:
Some people only use the stepmania level editor for their simfile.
Okay... your point? You said "a music in 400BPM having 64th, if we make it pass in 200BPM, it would be necessary to change 64th into 128th, now 128th does not exist on stepmania" as if this were some kind of reason NOT to change BPMs. But if there is a solution to this THAT YOU KNEW ABOUT, why did you use it as a reason? It's quite obviously not one and you knew that.

Last edited by Archelos; 03-27-2009 at 06:04 AM..
Archelos is offline   Reply With Quote