FFR Player

Default Re: Conflict of BPM choice?

Quote:
Originally Posted by zebdal the legend View Post
I have a bad english
Yeah, yeah you do.

Quote:
People thus divide wildly the BPM of origin of a just simfile to see red and blue arrows, because it is more attractive.
It's not that the arrows are "more attractive" this way, it's that it's easier for people to read 16th stream rather than 8th or 32nd or whatever else because 16th stream is the most common, and because the colors aren't hell. I personally think 32nd stream looks like garbage. If you were to give me a 16th stream and a 32nd stream with exactly the same patterns, I'd probably perform better on the 16th stream version.

Quote:
what is the problem?
We are saying that a speedcore song with 800bpm is equal to a 200bpm song, while a music in 200 bpm, we can only consider it as a hardcore or techno song.
By dividing by 2 the BPM, we modify the partition (stepchart ) so that it is syncro with the new BPM, but in itself, the partition is not the one of origin, thus it is false.
You're assuming we care that something is a certain *BPM*. I know I personally don't. I don't give a **** what *BPM* something is per se; I only care how fast I have to move my fingers. 200 BPM 16th is exactly the same speed as 100 BPM 32nd. So, who really cares?

Quote:
And also, a music in 400BPM having 64th, if we make it pass in 200BPM, it would be necessary to change 64th into 128th, now 128th does not exist on stepmania.
Yes it does. You can do virtually any timing by editing the notepad file. You would simply double the amount of rows of 0s you have, and space everything out twice as far. Then you'd put your 128ths in every other new row.

Quote:
Now, let us speak about xmod rows
on xmod, we do not absolutely respect the original BPM of the music because we make it vary wildly, we give it even negative BPM o_O.
But is this a problem? NO
Why?
Xmod rows were created to have a particular stylistic effect, and, even if we do not respect the BPM of the music we create an atmosphere which it respects completely the music.
On the other hand, on a xmod, there is always a recurring BPM, that where arrows go to a constant speed.
And it is thus the one this that it is necessary to put in the good speed.
If we look goblinz who is at 150 BPM, this is the original BPM of the song.
But if the same simfile had 300BPM, people will put a lower BPM.
And that wil be the same problem.
I have absolutely no ****ing idea what you said here. What I got from it, though, is this:

"It's not okay to change BPM! Oh wait it's okay to do it IF YOU'RE USING XMOD."

Honestly, what is your whole argument about if you're going to say it's okay to employ tricks for an XMOD player and not a CMOD player? That's pretty ****ing biased. Of course feel free to correct me if I translated your hideous English incorrectly.

Quote:
Stepmaniards is in some years scoffing at centuries of reflection on the measure of speed of the musics, only to see blue arrows. Waah, blu arow zar biutifful.
Again, who gives a ****? Like you said, 90% of people play CMOD. 90% of people don't know the damn difference other than how fast their hands are moving, and whether or not their eyes are bleeding trying to see through a stream of ALL RED ARROWS.

Quote:
I fell on a lad who had enjoyed putting 400BPM on the musics of dragonforce while the original BPM is 200 BPM.
You imagine yourselves guitarists to play 400 BPM? That would be gods.
Even the fastest to the world does not exceed 350 BPM.
Thus it is completely insane to say that guitarists play 400 BPM.
We are changing completely things which would never have to be changed.
Again, you're putting too much importance on a number that just doesn't bear enough weight on how people enjoy this game. I don't think musicians are turning over in their graves because a number has been changed to make a video game more fun. It's not like we're going around trying to rewrite their legacies. It's a damn game.

Quote:
If we had not let people change the BPM of the songs, we would not have arrived there there.
If we had not let people change the BPM of songs... how the hell would we sync anything? You think Stepmania is just gonna come up with the right BPM... out of thin air? Yeah, trust me, WE ALL WISH.

Quote:
The rhythm games (except stepmania) respect the original BPM of the songs.
Then why not you?
Because it's just not that important. Oh, and just so you know, I double BPM all the time if I'm stepping something that's turning out to be 32nd stream.