View Single Post
Old 01-10-2009, 06:59 PM   #72
Phynx
I'm Forever
FFR Veteran

Default Re: Windows 7 Beta release!

I've ran a few comprehensive tests with some programs to try and find bugs:

3DS Max 9: Works perfectly, renders simple to complex animations without error, no errors on installation, simply runs smooth as ever

Maya 8: Same as 3DS.

Various Adobe Software: All work without error, installation went smooth.

Games:

All Steam games run at higher FPS at higher quality strangely enough and I love it. They installed without a hitch.

Black and White 2 installed perfectly and runs smoother than used on XP.

Battlefield 2 installed perfectly and runs at higher FPS at higher quality.

WoW installed faster and more smoothly than ever was achieved by my XP OS. And the game runs at HELL OF A LOT smoother on this OS. My frames went up by 1/4.

Tried old games such as Age of Empires II, Starcraft, Diablo and diablo II, all installed and worked without error or mishap.

Again the audio on everything has a far greater clarity than XP or Vista seemed to have and what's really nice about W7 is it auto-installed all of the drivers every hardware and device my computer needed. Even my external devices like my webcam was updated.

Final conclusion, W7 is going to be the new flagship OS for Microsoft. It simply runs perfect. The animations are fluid, the resources are not heavily utilized especially by Aero like they were in Vista, the UI is FAR greater in visual stimulus and user-friendliness, and the layout for everything is simply awesome and easy to access.

I give major props to Microsoft for this OS. It will dominate the OS market.

Phynx is offline   Reply With Quote