View Single Post
Old 01-10-2009, 02:32 PM   #64
Kekeb
davai
FFR Veteran

Default Re: Windows 7 Beta release!

I've had it for a few days now, it's not that bad. I hear it has a lot of internal improvements over Vista, and from my usage of the OS I've noticed my boot time is a lot faster than Vista. The features from the theme seem to give it a sluggish feel though. Fresh from the installation it's not as intrusive as Vista, which is nice. I think the way they designed the UI this time around is an improvement, but I usually end up disabling a lot of the Aero stuff. The beta seems promising, but I still prefer XP. Note that my preference for XP isn't due to Vista or Windows 7, but because XP does what I want an OS to do.

If you install Windows 7 under Advanced, and format it over your old XP drive it will save your Programs and Documents (under "Drive:\Windows.old\"). You'll still have issues with re-activating programs with serials because of the format though, since the registry is void of old entries.

EDIT: Also, is there any other official word on the Audio? I haven't read up on Windows 7, but it seems to be improved even with the same drivers as Vista. Speaking of drivers, Windows 7 automatically detected my audio/video/NI cards and downloaded their corresponding drivers.

Last edited by Kekeb; 01-10-2009 at 02:53 PM..
Kekeb is offline   Reply With Quote