View Single Post
Old 12-29-2008, 08:06 PM   #1279
Redsky139
The cat's away; Go Play
FFR Veteran

Default Re: FFR's Top One Handers

LoL - I'm only 1/4 of the way there. There are still a LOT of songs to go, like 62! Even if I AAA all the 6s and belows (which will NOT happen during this contest. Stupid blue arrows), that will leave me with 30 left to go, which must be D or VD (because I'm not touching Cs right now). I've been getting better, but it's much harder to AAA at this level for me. Of course, I accidentally played Driveway [Heavy] instead of Driveway [Standard] and did better on the VD than the Tricky! 1065-2-0-0-0. Stupid long rock songs.

Back on topic: Card Man, most of my AAAs so far have not been BFs (either one). I'm willing to bet when you start playing through those other SDGs or worse you'll find a bunch that make you say "Why didn't I AAA this before?"

So, re: PA, clarinet89, if you want to get better faster, play Stepmania. It gives you more information about timing partly because Marvelouses require more precise timing than Perfects. Also, unless you're a one-handed god like Bynary and can AAA songs while all kinds of shinanigans are going on in the background (which is part of why his videos make me laugh so hard), it helps to be able to really focus. I do best on PA when I'm not distracted by other noises or any other motion in my visual field. I find it's also helpful to be able to hear the taps of my fingers, which gives additional aural feedback about how precise I am (or am not) being.

One-hander that does alright sometimes.

Are you one of the best one-handers on FFR? Show it here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Card Man
I think this will give both of us pleasure because it will take long. (I think)
Redsky139 is offline   Reply With Quote