View Single Post
Old 12-28-2008, 06:38 PM   #28
Bynary Fission
Retired One-Hander
FFR Veteran

Default Re: One-Handers seem to be a dying breed.

Honestly, I never understood why people argue over this topic. It always goes in the same direction (or something like this):

Newb asking for advice: I play one handed, should I switch, stay, or what?

Veteran Spread player: No, spread is better and one hand is retarded (explains why)

One Handers and others: No, it's not. It's simply a different way of playing. [explains why they stay one handed]

[argument]

Others insert their two cents regarding the topic, but it's almost always similar to the first or second response. I'll repeat what others don't seem to say: play the way that garners the most enjoyment from the game and don't focus on what you can't do - concentrate on enjoying the game like it was meant to be instead of focusing on why you should switch to be better. Otherwise, all you'll ever do is play the game just to be good, and that's not what the intention or goal of the game is intended to be. If spread is your forte, then continue playing that way. If index suits your fancy, keep indexing. If you enjoy one handing, then stay one handed.

If you want to get good quick, then switch. But if all you do is concentrate on why you have to switch to spread, you'll miss out on the other options and opportunities the game offers you in the way of other styles, and in turn, remain ignorant of the other ways to enjoy the game. Seriously, that's all it is.

I'm not making another post in here, because like I said, the arguments about spread vs. other styles always follow the same progression, and it never goes anywhere.

P.S Posting a one handed score for lulz.

~Bynary Fission

https://soundcloud.com/bynary-fission/tell-us-who-you-are-battle-tower-royale-character-creation-screen

Last edited by Bynary Fission; 12-28-2008 at 06:40 PM..
Bynary Fission is offline   Reply With Quote