Squeek
let it snow~
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Squeek
Default Re: It may be a little old

Quote:
Originally Posted by Relambrien View Post
Hey I liked Star Ocean 3

But yeah, definitely get Tales of the Abyss. I was lucky and found it used at GameStop a while back but you're probably not going to find it there anymore. Use an online store like Squeek said.

Also about Tales of Vesperia. The story isn't bad at all, it's just vastly inferior to that of Tales of the Abyss, primarily because Tales of the Abyss has one of the best storylines of any game ever. Vesperia also has its share of amazing characters, though Abyss has more.

Let me put it this way: Vesperia is fantastic, but Abyss even more so (in terms of story and characters). Battle-wise, Vesperia far outpaces Abyss. If you can't find Abyss, definitely get Vesperia.
That's pretty much what I was trying to say.

And the reason I disliked SO3 was that it felt more like a fighting game than an RPG. All of the RPG elements were there, yes, but they felt tacked-on. Also hated the combat system, but that might just be me. Generic skills should not cost HP, and you shouldn't die from running out of MP. Also there should've been a targeting system rather than make you swing at midair. I think Tales has it so right. It took them a while to make 3D work but once they got it, it was beautiful.
Squeek is offline   Reply With Quote