View Single Post
Old 12-27-2008, 12:56 PM   #8
Xiaounlimited
Eaguru
FFR Veteran

Default Re: One-Handers seem to be a dying breed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by that midnight guy
Um, it's not fun when everything is Impossible to do the way we prefer.

How is playing the conformist easy way being serious? If we're all playing one way wheres the fun in thrashing everyone?
Play pad files. Unless you're a top tier one-hander, I don't get why you're busy trying to play "impossible" files. Majority of people play spread. Therefore a majority of people make spread files. There exist easier files that AREN'T spread files, but if you so desire to play one hand, find them yourself.

It's being "serious" score-wise because you can cross a threshold I can guarantee you will never pass playing one-handed. It's conformist, because it's the most functional way to get better. If it's so easy,

why can't you do it?

If we're all playing one way, where's the fun? Look in the SM scores thread. Everybody there plays spread. You will notice a HUGE gap between skill levels; because whatever ignorance you want to bestow towards spread players, it does exist. Notice how top ranks are always changing on high level FFR songs (re: DP, CCCP, RATO, Molto, etc)? Spread players can still improve. Damn, I know, that must be impossible to believe.

It's even more fun because spread players thrash one handed players who decide to stay one handed to hell.

tl;dr version
-find files that AREN'T too hard for you and stop downloading kb packs like a retard
-if you want to get better so desperately play spread
-if you think spread is too "conformist" then stfu and stop crying about how **** you are