View Single Post
Old 12-27-2008, 12:10 PM   #4
Xx{Midnight}xX
FFR Player

Default Re: One-Handers seem to be a dying breed.

Due to laziness i put my responses in the quote.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSUK View Post
Yeah, so...I don't mean to start ranting, as I know that the likelyhood of me switching to index and spread techniques aught to be mandatory, as in my opinion keyboard simfiles are of usual better quality nowadays, and...In places like these, 2-handers are usually of a higher population than the like.

Better quality? No. They've gone down the tubes to be like those fricking "Impossible" files. If anything several of these files should be deleted and the step artists mocked.

But getting to the point. I've seen more and more packs around the internet that don't welcome new players, or existing players like myself(I've played for over a year now) that are still using the one-handed technique(Excluding Pad Packs). Now don't get me wrong, I like challenges. But doing 16th notes in a pattern that usually requires your hand to frequently move in strange positions, tense your wrist and tire your forearm extremely quickly, and overall seem like something impossible to clear seems to become more and more apparent to me.

See above response - They don't seem to care for new players (They don't have to but heck it'd be nice.) They're just looking for something to give them Carpal Tunnel.

I guess the real point of this topic, and the real question I'm asking is - If you were an existing player who's had enough experience of stepmania first hand, and were looking to change techniques which would better suit keyboard simfiles, where would you start?

I'm not big on Stepmania but I'd start by going through and knocking off all these "Impossible" files. You wanna see something Impossible? Go play Reality and AAA that one handed. Spread players usually learn just spread, they should go through and play their best scores the other ways and see how bad they are stepped. They might actually understand the problems everyone else is boasting about.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiaounlimited View Post
If you want to keep playing one-handed, nobody's stopping you. If that's what you find fun, great. StepMania is supposed to be fun (which many people here don't seem to realize anymore, hehe).

Um, it's not fun when everything is Impossible to do the way we prefer.

If you want to start playing seriously though, until you switch to the dominant style (spread), you're not going to start getting better/being able to tackle difficult files.

How is playing the conformist easy way being serious? If we're all playing one way wheres the fun in thrashing everyone?
Xx{Midnight}xX is offline   Reply With Quote