View Single Post
Old 10-27-2008, 05:50 AM   #65
Blue Bird
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Send a message via MSN to Blue Bird
Default Re: Why do we still have the 40 credit limit?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MooMoo_Cowfreak View Post
Um the value of a credit can't really drop considering how the ffr economy works. This isn't real life.
With the credit cap, getting like 50k credits is big freakin' deal.

Now if you could bust out 100 credits in a song, 50k wouldn't be such a big deal anymore. I think that's what they're trying to get.

And as for the "there's only a certain amount of total credits the game can hold" crap... WHAT THE ****? Seriously, that's all I have to say. You tell players they need 100k to unluck a secret song. You say the cap is 40. OK how about this - shift the decimal in everything and then see if you'll still have a problem. Make 10 credits be worth 1 credit. Because in the end, who cares if you have 500 or 50? 5mill of 500k? The value will still be the same for all the regular functions.

So if Planet KARMA suddenly requires 10k to unlock, and you divide everyone's credit by 10, voila?! I mean, I dunno why there's such a "total credit limit", but lol... if it's just a problem with integers getting too large, then this will easily solve the problem.

And yeah, if you guys are complaining about mashers whoring songs for credits, make the the credits be calculated on Score, and not total score. It won't matter how much of a combo you managed to MASH OUT of a song. If you wanna make things even better, make it so that each Boo you get subtracts a credit from total score, capped at 0 of course, so you wouldn't lose credits at the end of the song if you suddenly decide to go play Death Piano.

I'm totallly for removing the cap, but nothing too extreme. Players should not be getting over 100 credits at the end of songs. o.O Besides, it's like someone said on the first page - if you want to get credits fast, you can just play your favorite 1300+ arrow song over and over and die on the 1300th arrow. It makes no real difference at all. The cap is just a nuisance forcing people to resort to boring method for obtaining credits.