View Single Post
Old 07-29-2008, 02:56 AM   #1
Tasselfoot
Retired BOSS
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Tasselfoot Send a message via MSN to Tasselfoot Send a message via Skype™ to Tasselfoot
Default Gamewhore Competition #2 - Lowest Average Rank

So Whorli has left for Israel for a month, leaving me all alone until I go back to Philly in a few weeks. That means I’m going to be bored this weekend, and I need you guys to entertain me. I came up with this idea about a month ago, and ran it by a few people… everyone loved it.

This competition will be different from the last one. This one will not focus on the most points you can earn in 24 hours. It will focus on how low of an average rank you can get in 24 hours, starting from a fresh account.

The rules:
-It will run from 12:01am CST Saturday until 11:59pm CST Saturday, August 2nd.
-Your username for the competition will be in the format: “GWC_YourUsername”, where YourUsername is your username. Aka, mine would be GWC_Tasselfoot. Please do not use abbreviations, as it will only confuse me and make my life harder.
-You are not allowed to transfer credits to your GWC account… all secret/purchased songs will have to be played via credits you earn during the 24 hours. That makes it equally fair to everyone, and makes the competition have a bit more strategy.
-Whoever has the lowest average rank at the end of 24 hours will win.
-All GWC accounts will be blacklisted at the end of the 24 hours, so we don’t spam up the highscore lists from the competition.

Prizes:
FIRST PLACE IS GUARANTEED VROFL + a year subscription + a t-shirt + $20 + 50,000 credits
2nd place will be a year subscription and 40,000 credits
3rd place will be a 6 month subbie and 25k credits
4th place == 3 month subbie and 15k credits
5th place… 1 month subbie and 5k credits

As a note, a fresh account has an average a bit over 50,000 (about 50,670 right now). I’m expecting the winner to have an average rank under 150 by the time this is over. Which will be amazing and insane and I will personally call you crazy, but in a good way.

I’m looking forward to this, and I hope all of you guys are too.

-Tass