View Single Post
Old 06-11-2008, 11:34 AM   #17
s0ulst0n3
<SPACE FOR RENT>
FFR Veteran

Send a message via ICQ to s0ulst0n3 Send a message via AIM to s0ulst0n3 Send a message via MSN to s0ulst0n3 Send a message via Yahoo to s0ulst0n3 Send a message via Skype™ to s0ulst0n3
Default Re: Final Fantasy Final Battle

Quote:
Originally Posted by EgomaniaCircus View Post
I disagree here, from personal experience playing a song over and over again tends to exacerbate mental blocks rather than alleviating them. Honestly the best thing you can do is not play the song for a month or two, then go back and FC it when the steps are boring as hell. If you aren't skilled enough to achieve something, stop trying, do something else to get better, then come back and do it when it's easy. Always the least frustrating method.
From experience I find it helps, I guess it varies for people. I played HELLBEAT 80 times and AAA'ed it (before average miss fix, it's way easier now), I played Crowdpleaser 20-25 times before I got a 750 combo on it, and etc. The only song I agree with you there is OMW, I took a break, came back, and got a miss-flag on it first try.