View Single Post
Old 06-2-2008, 05:00 AM   #1
rauchster
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Yahoo to rauchster
Default Hit a Glass Ceiling

Yo people.
I've been playing here a very long time (3.623 years according to my profile).
I've slowly got better over time.
I used to play 1 hand 3 fingers, for about the first 2500 games before I hit a ceiling there. Seemed like I couldn't even pass a difficult song.
I switched to spread style and I busted right through that ceiling, only to slam into another one. I started FC'ing things up to 4-5 bars, and finishing 7-8 bars with little problems.
Then I cranked up my speed (now playing at 200%). Voila, I busted through that ceiling, and now I FC up to 9 bar difficulty songs, and even have a couple AAA's.

Now I'm stuck at another one and I don't know how to proceed.
I can finish 12 bar songs, some just barely. I can finish 9-10-11 bar songs, even FC'ing a few of the 9's. and 6-7-8's I'm getting really good at, even getting 708-8-0-0-0 on an 6 bar difficulty. (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/...play/21608185/) Hell, I even just got a 913 combo on a FMO song without mashing. (FF Battles)

But I see some of you masters breeze through 8-9-10 bar difficulty FC with no problem and AAA in only a few plays, and hitting 600-700 perfects in a row on FMO/FGO.

My question is, what am I doing wrong?
I play spread, with right index on Up / right middle on Right / left index on Down / left middle on Left.
I play at 200% speed, with little to no skips in the scrolling.
I also play on Down mod, because when it goes Up I can't see through the damned combo number (Anybody know how to turn that off/make it see-through?)
I've played well over 5,000 games, so it's not that.
I just can't see the patterns or make my fingers move fast enough.

Any help would be appreciated.
Hardest AAA: Save Me, Standard (5)
Tier Points: 14
-> 5 Billion Grand Total Club Member <-
Visit My Profile!
rauchster is offline   Reply With Quote