View Single Post
Old 05-30-2008, 08:06 PM   #65
s0ulst0n3
<SPACE FOR RENT>
FFR Veteran

Send a message via ICQ to s0ulst0n3 Send a message via AIM to s0ulst0n3 Send a message via MSN to s0ulst0n3 Send a message via Yahoo to s0ulst0n3 Send a message via Skype™ to s0ulst0n3
Default Re: How can we solve our problem with China?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lord_carbo View Post
2. Not buying things from China would exponentially increase the price of the goods we buy every day. It's easy to say, "stop buying things from China." But it'd be hard to do, even if there were more manufactured goods made in America. After all, the significant reduction in costs is why foreign manufactured goods won out over American goods.
I'm kind of just skimming this thread, so I apologize if this has been repeated...but why does America sell trades with one of their enemies? I mean, I know a lot of the stuff is beneficial to us, but to what extent? I believe the American government should stop all trades with China, as China could easily spread some type of disease, or anything contagious in a small toy, send it over to America, and create a nation-wide epidemic.

Think about it, it only takes ONE toy with a unknown disease to create a nation-wide effect. I basically just recapped what i said in the previous paragraph, but I believe this is true.

Just my opinion on the matter.