View Single Post
Old 05-2-2008, 05:42 PM   #19
devonin
Very Grave Indeed
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to devonin Send a message via MSN to devonin
Default Re: How can we solve our problem with China?

Quote:
Originally Posted by legoboy792 View Post
I would agree with you that the US army could easily beat all others on the US soil. what if the country decides to missile us? it would be the Cuban missile crises all over again.
You seem to not know anything about the cuban missile crisis.

The number of countries who could successfully attack the United States from their own country with missiles is incredibly small. There is not one country who could strike remotely at the US -and- not be more easily retaliated against by the US.

The Cuban Missile Crisis centered around fears involving the potential for nuclear war between the United States and the Soviet Union. I think I am not being unreasonable to state even something this authoritative: No national entity will EVER fire a nuclear weapon at another one, ever again.

The obvious consequence of functionally the TOTAL END OF THE WORLD is so glaringly obvious to every world power with nuclear weapons that it will simply NEVER HAPPEN.

The only chance there will ever be a nuclear attack against anybody ever, will be at the hands of a non-governmental terrorist group who either doesn't care about the consequences, actively wants the consequences, or somehow managed to convince themselves that the consequences won't be that dire.

As for non-nuclear missiles, I think it is pretty safe to say that the US has one of the most sophisticated early-warning systems, one of the best surface-air missile systems, and easily the strongest navy and largest if not most well trained (That usually goes to Britain or Canada or Israel) air forces in the world. The American military and industrial base is so spread out over such a large area that any attack against America's response capability will simply fail, and only piss them off and cause them to ramp up the severity of their response.
devonin is offline   Reply With Quote