View Single Post
Old 05-1-2008, 05:26 PM   #20
Relambrien
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Relambrien Send a message via MSN to Relambrien
Default Re: Bus accident :).

Let's see, my car accidents.

I think I was in two in like second grade. One on a bus where we were rear-ended by a car (no real damage done to the bus or to any of the passengers in either vehicle). Was pretty cool because I was coming back from school-sponsored YMCA swimming lessons and got to do my homework while the bus was sitting still for once.

The other time, my mom was sitting an intersection looking to turn left. On the other side of the intersection, this other woman is trying to turn right (i.e., same direction as us). My mom has the right-of-way, so she goes, but so does the woman. The woman sideswipes us, police come, etc. Big scratch/dent on the right side of our van but no injuries.

I did get into one car accident recently (first one in which I was driving, yaaaaay >_>). I was pulling into a small parking lot by turning left off of a two-lane road. After I begin to go, this guy in a big pickup truck decides to pull out of his parking spot...right to where I'm going.

Now I begin to panic. I'm sitting in this oncoming lane with a guy headed right towards me without enough time to stop, and if I move forward, I get hit by a big pickup truck. I decided that the latter would do less damage due to less speed, so I pull in really quickly and try to minimize the damage. He clipped the back left side of the vehicle resulting in a door needing to be replaced, but that's it. And his insurance paid for it anyway.
Relambrien is offline   Reply With Quote