Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   FFR General Talk (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Anyone Else Stuck? (Please Input) (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=96976)

TreeLeif 07-31-2008 11:22 AM

Anyone Else Stuck? (Please Input)

Yo. I've been playing this game for a while now on and off... and I could definitiely remember the time when I thought that Standard songs like "Spontaneous Hydroxide" where to difficult to comprehend.
Now, I'm pretty okay FC'ing Very Difficult songs, but now I'm... stuck. I've been at this skill level for ages now. I promise you that I could easily comprehend any Very Difficult song, but when it comes to Challenging or above, I'm at a complete loss.
I keep trying to force myself to do them all the time, but I always fail out ):
I'm not really sure, but is there anyone else like this? Not necessarily at the Very difficult state, but at a point in your (excuse my dorkdom) FFR career, do you just... stop getting better?

-Yukari- 07-31-2008 11:23 AM

Re: Anyone Else Stuck? (Please Input)

You don't stop getting better... you just improve much more slowly than you are used to improving. At a certain point, it takes a while to get anywhere. I'm at a point like that right now; I feel like I've been at the same point for a long time. But when I compare my scores from even a couple months ago, I see small improvements. It may feel like you're not getting any better, because you can't see definite results, but the practice is settling in, no doubt.

Adamaja456 07-31-2008 11:24 AM

just keep practicing on a daily basis on Very Difficult songs and a few Challenging songs. The more you play the harder levels, the more you start to memorize patterns that will be coming up, and your reactions will get faster.

Just keep at it!

dark_soul 07-31-2008 11:38 AM

To tell you the truth I also found myself stuck at VD songs. I found that the difficulty between level 8 and 9 was huge. I did mostly what Adamaja suggested, I kept on playing and at times I would just play songs a bit harder then what I'm used to. When I went back to VD I found it more easier for me to read =]
Also out of curiosity, whats your fingering and what speed do you play on?

Beethovens mask 07-31-2008 11:59 AM

Play 100 games a day. Go through your level ranks and FC every song 8 and under. With your reading problem, the only thing you can do is practice a song over and over again. Patterns repeat, and you will know what to do with them.

Xx{Midday}xX 07-31-2008 12:05 PM

I'm too impatient to deal with the slowness of my progress now...

Hopefully you have the patience/endurance to take FFR to the fullest.

DON'T practice the same song over and over again. You get bad habits.

Make a course for yourself. A series of songs you do in mixed orders.

TreeLeif 07-31-2008 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dark_soul (Post 2414905)
To tell you the truth I also found myself stuck at VD songs. I found that the difficulty between level 8 and 9 was huge. I did mostly what Adamaja suggested, I kept on playing and at times I would just play songs a bit harder then what I'm used to. When I went back to VD I found it more easier for me to read =]
Also out of curiosity, whats your fingering and what speed do you play on?

I use 1.50 speed, and I use two hands.
I used to be a one-hander but decided to try it two hands because I found it easier. I only do such a high speed because I do it at that same speed on DDR. X)

I suppose I will have to just do what everyone is suggesting at practise... a lot.

hi19hi19 07-31-2008 03:34 PM

Ya it's just playing a lot at this point.

A word of advice: try to have fun doing it. If it becomes "work" to improve, find something you enjoy doing more. Always look to enjoy what you're doing. Play songs and files you find favorable.

who_cares973 07-31-2008 03:37 PM

switch to 1.75 and random 8+

Commandersa1 07-31-2008 03:37 PM

I agree with the person who said the difficulty between 8 and 9 are huge. I was stuck on very difficult songs for a long time. Play challenging songs a few times to let your eyes/fingers get used to seeing fast songs. Other than that, you will just have to practice a lot.

OldSchoolMusic 07-31-2008 04:39 PM

Try out different things, for example changing your speed, or buttons, something like that. As for me, I found that the level difference between level 9 and 10 was (and still is) huge. But then again, I find the level 10 songs to be weird, as you've got Flying High [Heavy] which I can almost FC, Pretty Green Onions which I also can almost FC...and then; Vertex Beta. WTF! =D

Redorigami 08-1-2008 09:38 AM

Also try taking a break. Sometimes a break from FFR is what you need to improve, to clear your mind of everything and start fresh, only retaining your skill level.