Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   FFR General Talk (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Gamewhore Competition #2 - Lowest Average Rank (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=96831)

Tasselfoot 07-29-2008 02:56 AM

Gamewhore Competition #2 - Lowest Average Rank

So Whorli has left for Israel for a month, leaving me all alone until I go back to Philly in a few weeks. That means I’m going to be bored this weekend, and I need you guys to entertain me. I came up with this idea about a month ago, and ran it by a few people… everyone loved it.

This competition will be different from the last one. This one will not focus on the most points you can earn in 24 hours. It will focus on how low of an average rank you can get in 24 hours, starting from a fresh account.

The rules:
-It will run from 12:01am CST Saturday until 11:59pm CST Saturday, August 2nd.
-Your username for the competition will be in the format: “GWC_YourUsername”, where YourUsername is your username. Aka, mine would be GWC_Tasselfoot. Please do not use abbreviations, as it will only confuse me and make my life harder.
-You are not allowed to transfer credits to your GWC account… all secret/purchased songs will have to be played via credits you earn during the 24 hours. That makes it equally fair to everyone, and makes the competition have a bit more strategy.
-Whoever has the lowest average rank at the end of 24 hours will win.
-All GWC accounts will be blacklisted at the end of the 24 hours, so we don’t spam up the highscore lists from the competition.

Prizes:
FIRST PLACE IS GUARANTEED VROFL + a year subscription + a t-shirt + $20 + 50,000 credits
2nd place will be a year subscription and 40,000 credits
3rd place will be a 6 month subbie and 25k credits
4th place == 3 month subbie and 15k credits
5th place… 1 month subbie and 5k credits

As a note, a fresh account has an average a bit over 50,000 (about 50,670 right now). I’m expecting the winner to have an average rank under 150 by the time this is over. Which will be amazing and insane and I will personally call you crazy, but in a good way.

I’m looking forward to this, and I hope all of you guys are too.

-Tass

lxDestinyxl 07-29-2008 02:57 AM

Re: Gamewhore Competition #2 - Lowest Average Rank

Wow, gamewhore competition #2 now?

Also, I think this is better because it includes some strategy, instead of mindless vRofl mashing.

EnR 07-29-2008 02:59 AM

here's the problem.

best players win bye.

AOD_ELEMENT 07-29-2008 03:00 AM

really?

Sprite- 07-29-2008 03:02 AM

You're one crazy mofo, tass.

Go_Oilers_Go 07-29-2008 03:02 AM

Umm... the people that win this will probably already have vROFL anyways. >_<

EnR 07-29-2008 03:02 AM

Then just delete your other post.....

Btw. Good players will win because they can AAA the fmo's and VC's like a joke and get their ranks low. this is unfair. it's not a competition that anyone can win.

AOD_ELEMENT 07-29-2008 03:04 AM

very very true

Tasselfoot 07-29-2008 03:06 AM

EnR: it depends on who plays, how long they play.... AND... the easy songs will impact your average rank far more than the FMOs/FGOs.

the difference between rank 40 and rank 1 is very small vs rank 200,000 and rank 1.

strategy... it's all strategy. don't immediately play it off like you don't stand a chance, when you clearly haven't thought about all of the dynamics of the competition.

besides... whoever plays for 24 hours will have the best shot to win. if a T1 person plays for 20 hours and a T3 person plays for 23 hours, the T3 person would win.

AOD_ELEMENT 07-29-2008 03:09 AM

haha rofl for some reason i thought it was passed august

EnR 07-29-2008 03:10 AM

Yea but a T1 person can AAA all of em or most in one try, while the T3 can take multiple trys and waste to much time whoring the same song :)

Commandersa1 07-29-2008 03:12 AM

This seems like a lot of fun. I cannot wait... :D I will actually participate in this one.

hi_top 07-29-2008 03:13 AM

I suck but I'm still going to play, If not a lot of good players play 24 hours, I might have a chance*groans*

Commandersa1 07-29-2008 03:14 AM

How many "good" players that do not have vRofl will want to re-AAA every song?

hi_top 07-29-2008 03:15 AM

Good point commander.

lxDestinyxl 07-29-2008 03:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EnR (Post 2408923)
Yea but a T1 person can AAA all of em or most in one try, while the T3 can take multiple trys and waste to much time whoring the same song :)

Think about the time difference. 20 hours to 23 hours. That is a lot of time to spare. Even though a T1 person may or may not AAA most of the songs they play, given they are under a certain difficulty, a T1 person may not have time to play all the songs, given they missed on a fairly difficult song and restarted. If a T3 person does manage to play all the songs, it will spare them a decent 1 hour + to fix up anything they'd like to do, and will put less strain on them.

True, their average ranks may be similar, but also keep in mind that harder songs don't have rankings the same as easier songs. Also, not everyone is perfect and good players do miss, and will have to try again.

Commandersa1 07-29-2008 03:21 AM

Can we make a new account now, or would you rather us wait till Friday night?

Since you have the dates we actually got the scores on, I am assuming we can create them now to plan out our strategies.

Tasselfoot 07-29-2008 03:21 AM

and the easy songs can be a nightmare to AAA... synthlight files. :)

and don't forget the secret/purchased song strategies. you won't be able to play every song... no way you'll get 90k credits. you'll be lucky to get 10,000.

edit: Commander... you can make it whenever. but i'll be mass blacklisting/wiping them about 5-10 minutes before the start of the competition, so make sure they're all clean and fresh.

EnR 07-29-2008 03:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Commandersa1 (Post 2408928)
How many "good" players that do not have vRofl will want to re-AAA every song?

Hammy did it, well he AAA'd a bunch of easy songs on an alt.
Hakulyte got blacklisted and reAAA'd everything he did before.
HighAndr0id got blacklisted and already has over 500 AAA's again/

PS. I'm in this for fun, not to win, I gotta get over my lazyness.

PsYcHoZeRoSk8eR 07-29-2008 03:28 AM

copy/pasta

Tass, Why must you always schedule these things when I have stuff to do… Can you please do the next one in the middle of the week on like a Wednesday or something equally obscure? Like the last one, I’ll probably try this one a few days early, but I know that I won’t come close. I have too much trouble AAA songs to do well on this. Whatever, I like the idea for this gamewhore. Can the next one be best perf-great ratio? I could do better on that one.