Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Films and Television (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Hancock (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=96658)

Cursebred 07-25-2008 04:41 PM

Hancock

Has got to be one of the greatest movies of the year, behind The Dark Knight that is.

Especially the part when the head is up the other guy's @$$ in the prison scene.

Xception704 07-25-2008 04:58 PM

Re: Hancock

I can't say I agree.

I liked it while I was watching it, but as soon as I stepped out of the theater, I realized how horrible it was.

1.) The whole plot had tons and tons of holes in it ... and although I consider myself a casual film-goer, I can't help but be incredibly disturbed when a film's plot starts going south due to lack of explanation or lack of plausibility.

2.) The movie itself felt like a superhero movie, but it lacked so many essential elements. The fact that a ton of screen time is spent developing the story and barely any time is spent on actually seeing Hancock display his superhero abilities deterred any interest I had.

All in all, it was a decent film, but the writers could have spent a heck of a lot more time fixing the holes.

Kevin_18 07-25-2008 05:48 PM

loved it

Cursebred 07-25-2008 11:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xception704 (Post 2389661)
I can't say I agree.

I liked it while I was watching it, but as soon as I stepped out of the theater, I realized how horrible it was.

1.) The whole plot had tons and tons of holes in it ... and although I consider myself a casual film-goer, I can't help but be incredibly disturbed when a film's plot starts going south due to lack of explanation or lack of plausibility.

2.) The movie itself felt like a superhero movie, but it lacked so many essential elements. The fact that a ton of screen time is spent developing the story and barely any time is spent on actually seeing Hancock display his superhero abilities deterred any interest I had.

All in all, it was a decent film, but the writers could have spent a heck of a lot more time fixing the holes.

I actually saw a couple of holes as well. Especially when he was suddenly revived. I mean, I don't get how that happened.

tha Guardians 07-26-2008 06:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cursebred (Post 2391893)
I actually saw a couple of holes as well. Especially when he was suddenly revived. I mean, I don't get how that happened.

He still had the will to live, so even though he should have been dead, he carried on.

Then he just had to get far enough away to regain health and strength.

Cursebred 07-26-2008 10:41 AM

I understand that he got far away enough to get his strength. But they both went "flat-lined"

dark_soul 07-26-2008 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cursebred (Post 2392578)
I understand that he got far away enough to get his strength. But they both went "flat-lined"

It woul be nice to inform if there's a spoiler for those who have yet to watch the movie. Also keep in mind hankcock is a "superhero". Flat-line may not result in the same way as us =P

I thought it was better then I expected but not a movie I would want to see again. The last 30min to me was a bit rushed and seemed like it was done as a whim. Although I must say the acting was as good as ever from Smith =]

Nubzpwnzer 07-26-2008 11:07 AM

xception you forgot to point out one thing. This in No way is a super hero movie. Usually if a superhero movie you have the bad guy he is just as strong and powerful. But hancock is just in a normal world by himself and his wife. The story is more based on how hancock deals with the struggle of being a hero while living in the world of mortals. Now if they came out with a second hancock back when he was first created and they were fighting gods and **** that would be cool as hell, basically a prequel to the entire story. As you know once him and his wife come together they grow old so more then likely they should start out the movie as hancock being a small child.

EnR 07-26-2008 11:08 AM

Seen it 4 times. it could have been longer, more action, but it's still funny and awesome as hell

Soul Slayer 07-26-2008 07:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EnR (Post 2392612)
Seen it 4 times. it could have been longer, more action, but it's still funny and awesome as hell

I second that.