Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Chit Chat (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Still In School (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=93921)

BloodnGutsGirl 06-5-2008 12:14 PM

Still In School

This is our final day in school, and im so pissed off. We were supposed to be out a week ago, but they added five days due to the days we missed because of snow. Does this sound right or appliable to u? PLZ COMMENT!

plasmix 06-5-2008 12:16 PM

Re: Still In School

Did you think they were just going to ignore those snow days?

devonin 06-5-2008 12:19 PM

You must live in a place where everyone is afraid of snow.

sumzup 06-5-2008 12:20 PM

It is law that you have to be in school a certain number of days...so your school really had no option.

welsh_girl 06-5-2008 12:30 PM

My school never cared about making up for snow, I guess we have a different system.

Coolboyrulez0 06-5-2008 12:32 PM

Of course it's just like the tornado days here in florida. You have to make them up, if you want to or not :/

TheRapingDragon 06-5-2008 12:42 PM

You should care about going to school, else when you get out into the real world you're going to get a kick up the ass, realise how easy school was, and wish that you could be back there.

I personally hated my school years and would not trade working for school, but hey, that's me.

welsh_girl 06-5-2008 12:48 PM

I'd do ANYTHING to go back to school, 2 years and I still can't get over leaving.

Make the most of it before the big wide world.

FishFishRevolution 06-5-2008 01:06 PM

You're lucky, in my high school they built in two to three weeks into the school year for snow days, even though we usually only need two or three days. Then we get stuck with almost two and a half weeks extra of school. It's BOGUS!

Plan_Bsk81127 06-5-2008 01:18 PM

PPPssshhh, I'm outta school already. Got out a few days ago. But we start earlier and get the same snow days rules too. It really sucks. I would of had a meltdown in your position. lol.

stretchypanda 06-5-2008 01:21 PM

My school held Saturday school rather than cut into Summer vaycay. Also snow days are freaking amazing. Don't whine.

Professor Raine 06-5-2008 02:10 PM

California doesn't seem to care much about days taken off from fires, so the firestorm of '03 was a weeklong vacation for me (Althought the pink skys and raining ash sorta unsettled me and the fact that peopel died for it, but meh).

PsYcHoZeRoSk8eR 06-5-2008 02:10 PM

Oh, must be nice to be scheduled to get out this early. I still have another week or so to go. Honestly, I love how everyone is complaining about getting out so late when they're finishing this week, or just finished last week. This is only because you see all of the people who got out so early and you wish that was you... [/rant]

cool110 06-5-2008 02:15 PM

i only leave on the 18th of July

welsh_girl 06-5-2008 02:37 PM

You may only leave 18th July but at least you know over here we don't get made to say in extra days.

rzr 06-5-2008 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BloodnGutsGirl (Post 2196886)
This is our final day in school, and im so pissed off. We were supposed to be out a week ago, but they added five days due to the days we missed because of snow. Does this sound right or appliable to u? PLZ COMMENT!

5 days? That's it? Jeez, I have another month left.

EnR 06-5-2008 02:50 PM

theres a such thing as SKIPPING.

PsYcHoZeRoSk8eR 06-5-2008 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EnR (Post 2197078)
theres a such thing as SKIPPING.

Yeah, in college you can skip, but it's easily one of the stupidest things that you could do. I feel like **** every time I'm late for a class, I don't want to talk about how bad I feel when I miss one in it's entirety. There is just so much that you miss that it's not even cool.

stretchypanda 06-5-2008 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PsYcHoZeRoSk8eR (Post 2197227)
Yeah, in college you can skip, but it's easily one of the stupidest things that you could do. I feel like **** every time I'm late for a class, I don't want to talk about how bad I feel when I miss one in it's entirety. There is just so much that you miss that it's not even cool.

Oh my God this guy keeps wandering into my class five or ten minutes late, and every time he chooses to talk as he waltzes to his seat in the back -- to the people in the rows, and then to his fellow athlete (I think they play football) as he takes his seat, because we all know that what the prof. is saying can wait until our errant student is comfortable. Today he brought food with him (which means he was at the dorm eating when he should have been getting to class) and I guess fell asleep because the prof. made fun of him.

I mean come on, Baylor football is not good enough for these guys to feel like they can walk all over any teacher.

EnR 06-5-2008 04:16 PM

college is diff, I though this person was talking about highschool?

theres nothing important about highschool, I never do my work, I dont bring a binder to class ever, or a pencil, nothing, I'm still doing better then 60% of the kids.