Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   FFR General Talk (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   bye bye hard work (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=92184)

Teddy_scfa 04-30-2008 09:02 PM

bye bye hard work

Hey everyone :]

I don't post hardly ever, but i was wondering if anyone had suggestions to get better at this game and practice some without actually having a computer...

I am leaving this Sunday for 12 months and don't want to lose all of my hard work trying to get better.:evil:

s0ulst0n3 04-30-2008 09:05 PM

Re: bye bye hard work

I quit FFR for a year. I am only slightly worse then I was before. Don't worry, FFR skill is permanent!! :)

If you really want to, tap on desks/your leg, etc to your favourite songs. Or play other rhythm games via console.

Frozen Beat 04-30-2008 09:07 PM

It's not that. Skill degrades over time, and it depens how much for each person, and how long.

For me...I actually improve(X-tremely gradually) when I stop. I improve no matter what.

You? Maybe not.

Go for skill tokens.

And if you're good enough, go for tier points.

bender5 04-30-2008 09:07 PM

Get a laptop?

Izzy 04-30-2008 09:07 PM

No computer for a year? harsh.

dark_soul 04-30-2008 09:55 PM

Oddly enough I left for a year and I was better at FFR.
If you really want to you can try learning the piano.
I hear piano fingers are quite helpful =)

Kinspin 04-30-2008 10:24 PM

Every time I quit playing FFR for a week or two, I end up coming back a little better.
If you're near a console then play DDR or Guitar Hero, I play those game when I'm not playing FFR

RivarseKyire 04-30-2008 11:37 PM

you don't play for a while. Then when you get back, you'll be surprised that you are so much better...

devonin 04-30-2008 11:38 PM

We've already had enough people say "When you come back you'll be better"

More people posting "When you come back you'll be better" are postwhoring/spamming.

Silver_Brian 05-1-2008 12:06 AM

Personally, when I stopped for about a month my skill greatly decreased. You can try tapping your fingers on desks and stuff to music or playing other rhythm games like beatmania. Not using a computer for a year will definitely not be good for your skills though. =/

Tasselfoot 05-1-2008 01:45 AM

when you come back, you'll be better.

devonin 05-1-2008 01:46 AM

Official warning to Tass for postwhoring, I suppose.

igotrhythm 05-1-2008 07:21 AM

Sure, breaks of 1 or 2 weeks/months are good, but an entire year...I don't know.

Why are you leaving, anyway? Got called up to Iraq or something?

Adamaja456 05-1-2008 07:25 AM

lol Tass

But i agree with Silver Brian. Usually when i take a break from FFR for a few days, im constantly tapping my fingers on any hard surface and i find that helps when i start playing again. You could always listen to your favorite music and do finger taps to the beats. Thats pretty fun :)

DarthSatoris 05-1-2008 08:19 AM

When I was in the Czech-republich for a week, I was away from a PC the whole week. And I was tapping around hard surfaces automatically... :razz:
And when I then returned to FFR, I found, that the arrows were too slow, even when they were at the same speed I have always played on...
Conclusion: Something is changing when you're away for a while, but I think you will keep your skills to a degree.

Teddy_scfa 05-4-2008 12:41 AM

thanks for all of the tips, i am going to make up some patterns and try to tap them faster everyday..
i have to leave tomorrow morning so farewell everyone :] ill miss you all

x After Dawn x 05-4-2008 01:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by devonin (Post 2145596)
Official warning to Tass for postwhoring, I suppose.

*Waits for Tass to respond*

.Holy 05-5-2008 09:03 PM

I took a break for about a year and a half. I sucked for about 3 months and then I got back my skill (it helped that I was playing StepMania for all that time).

rushyrulz 05-5-2008 09:15 PM

Other people have said to tap on a desk for the sake of keeping patterns, keep in mind tapping on desk can help maintain rhythm too, tap on beat and to different patterns and you'll be fine. It's the same techniques with learning to play piano.

Psychotik 05-5-2008 09:17 PM

At school, I just tap my fingers and feet to any beat at random. It just happens. FFR is in my blood. I hope it isn't poisonous...