Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   FFR General Talk (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Changes regarding token display in Profiles (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=73502)

JasonKey 07-19-2007 11:23 AM

Changes regarding token display in Profiles

We are looking at a change in the way Skill Tokens are displayed. Currently they are displayed based on the order that you have them stored.

The changes would be:

1. Show them in order 1-xx
2. Show the ones you are missing as holes essentially
3. Putting them into a scrollable block so the block doesn't continue to grow incrementally.

What are everyone's thoughts on these possible updates?

MrRubix 07-19-2007 11:27 AM

Re: Changes regarding token display in Profiles

Technically the growth is not exponential if it is roughly two skill tokens a day.

Seriously though, I think that idea is just fine. I think adding a counter would be nice if you do decide to do the scrolling feature (#tokens received / #total tokens), so one can clearly see the totals without needing to scroll.

edit: LOL, thanks Jason

Zeron 07-19-2007 11:29 AM

I dunno. If I had a bunch of tokens, I'd rather see them all then just a few at a time. The order thing is fine though.

MrRubix 07-19-2007 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zeron (Post 1677452)
I dunno. If I had a bunch of tokens, I'd rather see them all then just a few at a time. The order thing is fine though.

I'd agree with this unless the number of tokens became too huge and ridiculous. Otherwise no scrollbox is required, honestly. There should definitely be a counter.

jpcduran 07-19-2007 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JasonKey (Post 1677442)
We are looking at a change in the way Skill Tokens are displayed. Currently they are displayed based on the order that you have them stored.

The changes would be:

3. Putting them into a scrollable block so the block doesn't continue to grow incrementally.

I love it. Sound like a plan. So when is this action going to take into affect JasonKey?

JasonKey 07-19-2007 11:33 AM

may hit it today, but if not today, tomorrow.

so the scrollable block isn't the hawt idea currently?

jpcduran 07-19-2007 11:34 AM

I really like the ideas of the holes. It would piss me off enough to get me better at the game to see those holes in my profile. Hopefully you do that soon.

BzT 07-19-2007 11:34 AM

Great

Alaeviea 07-19-2007 11:37 AM

They all sound like good ideas to me. I like the hole idea where the missing s.tokens should be.

MrRubix 07-19-2007 11:39 AM

What about a clickable interface instead of a scrollblock? For instance, a small section that displays say 50 skill tokens at a time, with a little menu below with links such as Tokens 1-50, 51-100, etc, instead of a scrollblock which sounds a little awkward to me (not sure why. It's still a good idea though, but just suggesting an alternative).

sammo123 07-19-2007 11:39 AM

i thihnk instead of a scroll boc like a box the in a sense is like a circle but u can only see one part of the token at a time which the "circle would hold and display the tokens. Then as u clikc like left or right or maybe just hover ur mouse to either the left or right the "cirlce would spin that way revealing more skill tokens and then have a pllace somehwere where it say u have XX-XX skill otkens and then when u clikc XX-XX is tells u which ones ur missing

jpcduran 07-19-2007 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrRubix (Post 1677468)
What about a clickable interface instead of a scrollblock? For instance, a small section that displays say 50 skill tokens at a time, with a little menu below with links such as Tokens 1-50, 51-100, etc, instead of a scrollblock which sounds a little awkward to me (not sure why. It's still a good idea though, but just suggesting an alternative).

I think the scrollblock sounds a little better. Good idea though.

sammo123 07-19-2007 11:45 AM

scroll boxes are to old fashion

Tasselfoot 07-19-2007 11:55 AM

my comments:

#1 for sure. if you look at my profile to see all the tokens in the proper order... vs someone who has a few out of order... it looks pretty bad to have them out of order

#2... no way. way too many people have only a few tokens. would you really want to have 4 token images shown with 50 blank spaces? that'd look stupid.

#3... yes, but make it a really big box, so most users wouldn't even need to worry about it. make it a 5 line display box. that way, only if you have more than 50 tokens would it come into play, and you'd still be able to see a massive amount of tokens at once.

MrRubix 07-19-2007 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tasselfoot (Post 1677492)
my comments:

#1 for sure. if you look at my profile to see all the tokens in the proper order... vs someone who has a few out of order... it looks pretty bad to have them out of order

#2... no way. way too many people have only a few tokens. would you really want to have 4 token images shown with 50 blank spaces? that'd look stupid.

#3... yes, but make it a really big box, so most users wouldn't even need to worry about it. make it a 5 line display box. that way, only if you have more than 50 tokens would it come into play, and you'd still be able to see a massive amount of tokens at once.

Well #2 would be similar to say, an inventory grid for a computer game. Items can be all over the place. At the very least, it'd be a nice reminder to see what tokens you have yet to achieve.

sammo123 07-19-2007 12:03 PM

yea i still like my circly idea lol

Coolboyrulez0 07-19-2007 12:11 PM

I like 1,2.
And 3 if it is like Tass said.(5 Lines.)

CBR

Rebirth0 07-19-2007 01:10 PM

1 and 2 are great. 3 I don't like as much.

I like my megablocks of circles on my profile. If you're making a scrollable box for tokens, give us the ability to display all tokens on our profiles without a scroll box (like we all have now) or to display with one.

Xiaounlimited 07-19-2007 02:34 PM

Make the scroll display an option on profiles. I want a massive token box that stretches my page vertically.

>:

Also, I REALLY REALLY would like for 1 to be implemented. I've gotten most of them in order so far, but Starman and Otaku Oni are out of place. Makes it feel weird.

Don't care much for 2, I agree with Tass. Would look weird.

DarkbearX 07-19-2007 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JasonKey (Post 1677442)

The changes would be:

2: I LOVE this idea. It'd annoy people without vROFL and Speedvibe [oni] so bad. =) I'd love it.

Also, I'm all for the scrollable thing, preferably starting after 3 rows.

Edit: And as for number 1, I think this isn't a good idea. I'd rather have it show the order I actually got the token in. Otherwise, it'd look too uniform imo. But either way, I wouldn't care much.

Edit 2:
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rebirth0 (Post 1677616)
If you're making a scrollable box for tokens, give us the ability to display all tokens on our profiles without a scroll box (like we all have now) or to display with one.

This is actually a better idea for 3. =)