Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Films and Television (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Family Guy ---> American Dad (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=21059)

Crymson 01-31-2005 01:01 PM

Family Guy ---> American Dad

Is it just me, or is this new American Dad program going to be exactly like Family Guy? The voices are nearly the same, the graphics are EXACTLY the same, and so is the humor. If so, what is the point of watching this new series, when Family Guy is still enjoyable?

vashthestampede0987 01-31-2005 01:44 PM

RE: Family Guy ---> American Dad

What do you mean by graphics.....and who cares...Its kinda like how the creators from the simpsons made futurama.

Afrobean 01-31-2005 02:41 PM

American Dad's humor is likely going to be more political, and less outlandish (as long as you don't consider an alien and a talking fish outlandish). At least that's how I think it will be. We'll all just have to wait and see.

PS voices are not the same, but a few characters will be by the same voice actors as some characters from Family Guy.

lightdarkness 01-31-2005 04:46 PM

I was discouraged by the fact the characters are alike, but it looks very promising.

Anonymous 01-31-2005 09:33 PM

Re: RE: Family Guy ---> American Dad

Quote:

Originally Posted by vashthestampede0987
What do you mean by graphics.....and who cares...Its kinda like how the creators from the simpsons made futurama.

I hate the Simpsons. And Futurama.

ddrruler 01-31-2005 10:12 PM

RE: Re: RE: Family Guy ---> American Dad

O.M.G trace his/her ip and ban him. :P

jewpinthethird 01-31-2005 10:17 PM

RE: Re: RE: Family Guy ---> American Dad

I think American Dad will actually be pretty good, just because it makes fun of Americans and their backward, Jesus powered, minority hating ways.

lightdarkness 02-1-2005 06:49 AM

Re: RE: Re: RE: Family Guy ---> American Dad

Quote:

Originally Posted by jewpinthethird
I think American Dad will actually be pretty good, just because it makes fun of Americans and their backward, Jesus powered, minority hating ways.

We're at Terror Alert Orange.

Which means something could happen somewhere at some point at some time SO LOOK SHARP!

mead1 02-1-2005 09:19 AM

I think this (slightly abridged) court transcript is the best summation of American Morals:

"My kid ate at McDonalds and got fat! Gimme some cash!"

"Yes, that seems like an entirely reasonable claim."

On topic: If it ain't broke don't fix it. American Dad is a great way for the creators of Family Guy to get more money. But that's not necessarily a bad thing since they utterly deserve it.

blahblah18 02-1-2005 10:39 AM

On Meads Topic: Over 2 years before that fat people suing cuz of McDonald's lawsuit came out, A lead cover story on THE ONION was that fat people sued hershey's for making chocolate too delicious and making thme fat. Its absurd that the onion will predict the stupidity of real life.

On real topic: American Dad looks great, the difference will be that it won't have humor scenes of the "extended time doing nothing" variety... a la Peter hurting his knee and wincing in pain forever... or in the Simpsons Sideshow Bob walking into rakes for like 2-3 fullll minutes.

Even if its identical it'll be good until May 1 comes around.

lightdarkness 02-1-2005 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blahblah18
Even if its identical it'll be good until May 1 comes around.

I don't get that topic.

The American Dad pilot airs Suberbowl Sunday, but the rest of the season doesn't start til May 1st.

Family Guy Season 4 also starts on May 1st.

Afrobean 02-1-2005 02:12 PM

He says that even if American Dad uses the same type of humor as Family Guy, it'll still be a good show to watch until Family Guy comes back in May. At least I think that's what he's saying.

banditcom 02-1-2005 10:20 PM

Re: Family Guy ---> American Dad

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crymson
Is it just me, or is this new American Dad program going to be exactly like Family Guy? The voices are nearly the same, the graphics are EXACTLY the same, and so is the humor. If so, what is the point of watching this new series, when Family Guy is still enjoyable?

Maybe because it's from the same CREATOR as Family Guy, and he does MOST of the voices for BOTH shows. I'm sure he's one of the only people though that's involved in both shows (voice wise), excluding the place they send it to get animated (because it's probably the same).

Rebirth0 02-1-2005 11:56 PM

RE: Re: Family Guy ---> American Dad

Family Guy will always win over American Dad, AD is just Family Guy with different people, and a war theme.

1337 posts.