Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Chit Chat (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Wat is life? (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=148840)

SICKOVENOMOUS 02-12-2018 09:25 AM

Wat is life?

Weeks passing
Years passing
What am I doing here
Hows does anything even exist
Wat is life? Fuk

Edit- This is not suppose to be a fukin poem dam it

SKG_Scintill 02-12-2018 09:50 AM

Re: Wat is life?

Riding the universe on horseback
From extended trot the arrow flies
Its point meeting every point
Except the one that matters

SICKOVENOMOUS 02-12-2018 09:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NinjaSM (Post 4609126)
hello travis fletcher's alt i see you are doing alright

Wat u mean by dat?

dabomb2223 02-12-2018 10:26 AM

Good question(s). Here's what I think.

What am I doing here?
This can be interpreted two different ways: first, a question more similar to "what is my purpose?" or second, the literal meaning of the question. The answer to the second version is easy, you're doing whatever you choose to do at this time, which for this exact moment is reading this post. The answer to the first version, however, is a little more complicated. Depending on where you were born, how you were raised, who you associate with, etc., your purpose varies drastically. For instance, if you believe in a higher power your purpose may be to do things that please said higher power. Maybe you're an altruist and your life's purpose is to make the lives of everyone you come in contact with easier/better. Or perhaps you're like me and you believe that your life's purpose is whatever you make of it. That there is no inherent purpose to us being here, we just are. We're a living statistical improbability - so improbable, in fact, that many of us realize this and conclude that the only way we could exist is if we have a purpose. In the end, it's up to you to decide what your purpose is. Is it something you can choose? Is it something that's decided for you based on what you believe? Or is life totally meaningless and the best course of action is suicide to escape the absurdity of life? Your choice.

How does anything even exist?
Short answer: No one knows. Long answer: No one knows, but humanity as a species has seen as far back as can be seen (to our knowledge). What we see at that point (search cosmic microwave background) leads us to believe that stuff existed before that point. Which brings us to the current leading theory: At the beginning of the universe, all matter and energy was condensed into a point a million, billion, billion times smaller than a single atom. Then it exploded and expanded over about 14 billion years to become the universe we know today. How everything got there? We don't know. Why it exploded into the universe we know today? No clue. Could it be possible that stuff happened before everything was in a single point? Absolutely. Everything exists and we don't know how or why.

What is life?
You could answer this question in a variety of ways. You could recite the biological definition of life, being anything that grows and consumes and reacts to its environment. You could break it down into chemistry, and say that life is merely an emergent property of the billions of tiny chemical reactions that occur within an organism. You could answer with sociology and say that "life" is merely a term that humans use to classify the universe and split it into categories, and it's as meaningful and arbitrary as classifying things by color or shape or temperature at which they freeze. You could answer philosophically and say that life is a condition (the human condition) which we all suffer from whose symptoms are pain, joy, experience, and death. We as living creatures are merely hosts for an infectious disease (for lack of a better term) that feeds on us and motivates us to propagate it further through reproduction. Or you could answer with a conglomeration of knowledge from a myriad of subjects and just say: Life IS.

Like most things in life, these questions don't have answers that are black and white. Rather, their answers vary between a wide spectrum of grays, some of which please an individual's worldview, others bring disgust and dismay. It's our damnation as conscious individuals to decide which answer we accept as truth.

wait this isn't critical thinking. Please read though, I like what I've written here.

SKG_Scintill 02-12-2018 10:28 AM

isn't that just the long version of what I said in my poem

MinaciousGrace 02-12-2018 10:43 AM

excellent ct thread

dabomb2223 02-12-2018 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SKG_Scintill (Post 4609162)
isn't that just the long version of what I said in my poem

It was a really nice poem. I think it's a bit harder to get information out of than what I provided, however.

MinaciousGrace 02-12-2018 10:57 AM

i believe that's what they call being stupid

dabomb2223 02-12-2018 11:06 AM

And there's a reason that not all of our textbooks are poems from the front cover to the back cover. It's informative writing, and it's meant to be easily readable and understandable to even the least educated of us.

Even stupid people :P

Charu 02-12-2018 11:38 AM

Hello, what's going on in this thread? Can I partake in thread session of goodness?

y/n

melonpapes 02-12-2018 11:41 AM

lame thread

Cavernio 02-27-2018 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Charu (Post 4609217)
Hello, what's going on in this thread? Can I partake in thread session of goodness?

y/n

No your birb avatar is scary you might peck me

Life is

I am tautology and so are you

Chrono_Dave 03-3-2018 06:35 AM

Life is 42, clearly

clasko1000 03-3-2018 02:21 PM

Weeks passing, Fuk
Years passing, Fuk
What am I doing here, Fuk
Hows does anything even exist, Fuk
Wat is life? Fuk

I suggest these changes to get an AAA on your English assignment. Best of luck.

Charu 03-3-2018 02:28 PM

Teriyaki chicken

Casey2069 03-3-2018 03:12 PM

Universal equitation
Universal translation
Universal collection
Universal erection